Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM, Ride Height, and Suspension Button disabled

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Fabianrou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

459 I believe is because is looking for the factory radio.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,499 Likes on 4,136 Posts

How old or weak is your battery?
Old 07-04-2016, 02:27 AM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

i'd start with checking battery 1st...
Old 05-21-2022, 10:10 PM
955CTT957
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Did you solve this?

Originally Posted by Fabianrou
Hello. 2004 Cayenne S here. Tonight all these showed up. ABS light, BRAKE PROPORTIONING, flashing red BRAKE light, cruise control does not work, PSM button in the upper center console above the radio does not light up, speedometer gauge does not move and mirrors don't fold but that I think is the switch itself. All this after I replaced the wiper transmission (assembly) and was checking the wiper motor before I put it all back together again. I thought that the wiper motor went bad but as it turns out FYI, you don't get 12V to the wiper motor unless the hood us close so I put a flat screw driver in the latch. I almost bought another motor until I found out about this!

Anyhow, Im stressing over this and DURAMETRIC does not erase the faults even after unplugging the battery as a last resort. Both INTERSTATE batteries were replaced 3 Yrs ago max 4.

Any thoughts guys?

I know it's been many years, but did you figure this out? I have the exact same codes and symptoms and I cannot figure it out yet, I'm going to replace the abs module with another unit to see it I get communication to the PSM module, but I'm thinking it's a open circuit between the firewall and the abs module.

Hopefully you get this message haha
Old 05-22-2022, 02:46 PM
Tjap
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gsj224
It says "in red" Air Suspension Faulty Workshop. The PSM light is also illuminated.
Ok, I recognise your problem. Let me explain:

I had a problem with the cooling system, too much pressure in the coolant expansion tank, and then the cooling liquid was pushed out through the expansion-tank-overflow/overpressure-hose.
This hose is connected to the chassis, right above the ride height sensor on passenger side( For a left hand driver).
So everytime fluid was pressed out and released by the overflow hose, all the coolant is pressed out over the sensor(Under the wheelcover). It soaks the electrical connector to the sensor every time, which also gave me the "Air Suspension Faulty Workshop" message. After cleaning the coolant from the wires of the connector, the message did not come back, till next time the overflow hose pissed out on the sensor again.
Happily, all my problems are solved now, but it gave me many sleepless nights about my CayenneTurbo 955 2005..
Old 05-22-2022, 04:48 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

This list of failures sounds like wet connections under the drivers floor or a terminal 15 relay failure. I can’t explain how or why it came on coincident with the coolant tank repair…

Quick Reply: PSM, Ride Height, and Suspension Button disabled