Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Shark1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vidyashankara
Turns out the GPS antenna they sent me was a signal amplified that was supposed to work with the antenna they sent me earlier. When I open the GPS Test app I see like 15 satellites now. But it is still unable to give me a location. Can anyone post a picture of the iGo screenshot and the GPS test app screenshot?

I don't know if I am doing something wrong.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine shows 13 satellites available, but no location, accuracy and everything else is zero.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:06 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine shows 13 satellites available, but no location, accuracy and everything else is zero.
That's very weird. If it detects satellites, there is no reason it shouldn't get GPS. Is location services turned on? Maybe a factory reset is in order?

Sorry I coudn't get that GPS antenna to you.. I apparently misplaced it.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

This is what I see. no location...
Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 PM
hgupta
Instructor

This is what I see. no location...
It's weird to me that every single satellite is visible, and all at the same level. Mine looks like the picture above with varying intensities, and some satellites that are not visible.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:04 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Yea this is with a signal amplifier. Without the amplifier I don't see even one. Another thing is the signal varies a lot with time. One minute I see 10 satellites and the next 2. Is the signal stable for you?
Old 06-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Ok! I just bought a GPS antenna from Amazon and installed it. Now I am getting great signal without the signal amplifier even. I also bought a microphone. Seicane shipped really cheap antennas and microphones with their unit.

They also sent me the latest system upgrade for the unit. It upgraded my radio app and looks much better. It did reset my bluetooth and I have to set the vehicle profile to porsche again. In case anyone is interested in it, you can download it here.

http://download.carradionav.co.uk/do...l-software.rar

They also sent me the latest version of maps,
http://download.carstereonav.com/8-a...th-America.rar

But, this is a version from 2012. The xda forums have newer versions you can get. I am looking for the 2016 version with Here maps. I will update you when I find it.

I am going to get the rear view camera and the gps puck wired this week.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:43 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Ok! I just bought a GPS antenna from Amazon and installed it. Now I am getting great signal without the signal amplifier even. I also bought a microphone. Seicane shipped really cheap antennas and microphones with their unit.

They also sent me the latest system upgrade for the unit. It upgraded my radio app and looks much better. It did reset my bluetooth and I have to set the vehicle profile to porsche again. In case anyone is interested in it, you can download it here.

http://download.carradionav.co.uk/do...l-software.rar

They also sent me the latest version of maps,
http://download.carstereonav.com/8-a...th-America.rar

But, this is a version from 2012. The xda forums have newer versions you can get. I am looking for the 2016 version with Here maps. I will update you when I find it.

I am going to get the rear view camera and the gps puck wired this week.
Thanks for the links! Did they give any instructions on how to install it? Also, I am looking forward to hearing about your microphone and GPS. My mic seems to work pretty well, but I am always interested in upgrading.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

For the system update,
copy the two files to the root of a usb drive. Connect the usb drive to the system, and tap system update. It will ask you to select usb0 from the list and hit install.

For the maps, (they sent the same version that I got with the unit, so I did not install)
uninstall iGo, delete the iGo folder from the sd card, copy the new folder in its place and install the igo apk.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 PM
hgupta
Instructor

I wasn't all that interested in the maps anyways. Google maps is unbeatable so far due to its integration with Google Now.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Shark1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-vidyashankara

Can you take some screen shots of the upgrade software and what the new radio interface looks like
Old 06-22-2016, 09:23 AM
hgupta
Instructor

For the system update,
copy the two files to the root of a usb drive. Connect the usb drive to the system, and tap system update. It will ask you to select usb0 from the list and hit install.

For the maps, (they sent the same version that I got with the unit, so I did not install)
uninstall iGo, delete the iGo folder from the sd card, copy the new folder in its place and install the igo apk.
Also new launcher interface! That was a nice surprise!
Old 06-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

I'll take some shots in the evening and send it.

I ran into another roadbump yesterday. All my apps stopped working. I couldnt even do a factory reset. Even I try to open the music app, it would say "Unfortunately, the music app has stopped". All the factory apps including settings did that. It looks like a common problem on Android and the most common suggestion was to restart the device (go figure).

So I opened the panel, and disconnected the wiring for 2 minutes and plugged it back in and everything started to work again. Just in case any of you run into the same issue after the upgrade..
Old 06-22-2016, 12:30 PM
hgupta
Instructor

I'll take some shots in the evening and send it.

I ran into another roadbump yesterday. All my apps stopped working. I couldnt even do a factory reset. Even I try to open the music app, it would say "Unfortunately, the music app has stopped". All the factory apps including settings did that. It looks like a common problem on Android and the most common suggestion was to restart the device (go figure).

So I opened the panel, and disconnected the wiring for 2 minutes and plugged it back in and everything started to work again. Just in case any of you run into the same issue after the upgrade..
Thank you! I ran into that last night after I restarted my car, and it was driving me nuts throuugh this morning. I thought I permanently screwed up my system!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:19 PM
hgupta
Instructor

I also bought a microphone. Seicane shipped really cheap antennas and microphones with their unit.
Which microphone did you get? I haven't had a problem with the one they sent, but I can tell it was cheap. I do like how the installer mounted it to the glass near the rear view mirror. You can barely tell it is there.

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review