Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticking 957 turbo

Old 12-02-2016, 02:05 AM
deadedwalking
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salt Lake City 08 GTS

Im looking at a 08 GTS in Salt Lake City. It's been maintained at the dealer, and reading this thread (and the few other threads) have given me a level of trepidation.

I know there are several factors in play, but would you guys consider SLC a cold climate, high risk environment? I don't mind having to pay or DIY various part replacements, but a new engine is a different beast. All/any feedback is appreciated!
Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 AM
Torre
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deadedwalking
Im looking at a 08 GTS in Salt Lake City. It's been maintained at the dealer, and reading this thread (and the few other threads) have given me a level of trepidation.

I know there are several factors in play, but would you guys consider SLC a cold climate, high risk environment? I don't mind having to pay or DIY various part replacements, but a new engine is a different beast. All/any feedback is appreciated!
Cold climate alone is not the only thing. My 08 CTT has seen 85k miles in Northern Europe with regular subzero cold starts for it's entire 9 year life, but (knock on wood) it's still fine.

I think fuel quality also plays a BIG role, as in Russia there is a TON of Cayennes that suffer from this issue (and they have crappy fuel) while in other northern European countries you don't hear about it that much. Only in Moscow there are several specialized shops in Porsche V8 (and flat-6) post-scoring rebuilds.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Torre
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dc2000
Update

My Indy said I'm just hearing the lifters and fuel injectors and that the engine purs like a kitten. I'll be replacing the spark plugs soon and will post some boroscope images.

Any update on this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ticking 957 turbo