Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New moderator required

I have decided that I no longer wish to moderate this board. It is time for a genuine Cayenne owner to take over.
If there is anyone on this board who as I said must be Cayenne owner who wants to take on the job please let me and John know.
You would be wise to understand what a moderator does and what is required of you. The condition of this forum is a direct reflection upon yourself. It requires some time and the ability to make decisions based on the rennlist charter, your own character and how you see things. You will have to deal with complaints both public and private and I am afraid some abuse (sometimes very serious) as well if you intend to carry out the job correctly. You must also understand that if you make a decision that you stick to it. For every decision you make there will be many people who will attack you. Be prepared because in the end it will get tough. There are some nasty people out there and as moderator you will get to know them all.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 10-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that's what I call a sales pitch!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

Adrian,

I'll be sorry to see you go. That said, you are due some credit and praise for the manner in which you have handled this forum. You are correct that all of us from time to time get a bit testy. I suspect that it's the unfortunate side of human behavior. Hopefully, we'll have another moderator of your caliber. Thanks for all your efforts on this board to date.

Toby
Old 10-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adrian I join Toby in saying thanks for doing a thankless job. No way would I want that job. Cheers,
Old 10-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Adrian.

You may think it's thankless, but there are many who are thankful; including me.

The quality of the board is excellent, with many contributers practicing restraint. Hopefully we have not been too much of a pain.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:43 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I have decided enough is enough. People do not understand how hard this job of keeping a forum inline and doing what it should be doing. There is an old saying "give somebody and inch and they will take a mile". I have been online since 1993 so I have some experience in this. I am afraid that not enough people understand what can happen when you allow certain things to occur. I have tried to steer this forum to ensure one thing and one thing only that Cayenne owners can come here and talk Cayenne without being attacked, flamed or worse. In doing so it requires a few ruffled feathers but when people get offensive once can only take this for so long. I do this for no reward just to help John D because he is my friend. If I am going to do a job I will do it properly or not at all. I actually enjoyed this board and have learned a lot and I will sort of miss it but I can live without the grief. I still have other forums to moderate.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 10-07-2003, 02:59 PM
JeffES
Pro

Adrian,
Sorry to say that I'm not surprised. So many have such hatred for the Cayenne and disrespect for Cayenne owners (witness the ocassional venom spewed here over the last couple of years) that I'm actually impressed by your (and other admins) restraint.
For what little it's worth, I think you've been remarkedly even handed. Sorry to see you go,
J
Old 10-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your support. I have always tried to be even handed but for some people this is just not good enough and the private emails of abuse are just not worth the effort anymore. I could take it when it was aimed at me but when people start targetting my deceased daughter Natalie and our donation drive I just cannot take it. This is actually the reason I am quitting as moderator. This has never happened on any other forum and I was so shocked it happened from my actions here I just thought to myself it ain't worth it any more.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 10-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adrian if someone took such a cheap shot at you about your deceased daughter they are lower than low. I am sorry anything like that happened. I only hope that JD has been informed of the identity of transgressor(s) and that they are no longer here to cause any more problems. That is dispicable.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:52 PM
JeffES
Pro

Scott,
Well said, and I second your statement.
J
Old 10-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Adrian, your time and effort here is very appreciated.. ... I'm very sorry to hear about someome bringing up your deceased daughter in a personal way... Obviously that person has serious issue's and is not even worth our time... Thank you for keeping the Cayenne forum in line throughout this last year.. You will be missed!
Old 10-11-2003, 01:39 PM
GM Austin
Pro

Sorry to see you leave Adrian. I hope you visit us from time to time to share your wisdom.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:23 PM
dfar
Advanced

So is there a new Mod? If not, I'm new here, have a Cayenne and willing to mod. I have experience on a Corvette board with a lot of B.S. artists.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:35 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your private messages
Old 10-16-2003, 08:45 AM
camcayenne
Advanced

EXCELLENT board, down to an excellent moderator. Thanks for all the effort you have put in. You should not have to put up with any abuse, but abuse of family especially late family is sub-human, so I fully understand your reasons for going. Many Many thanks, the vast majority of people using this board know and appreciated your efforts. Best of luck with fundraising.

Quick Reply: New moderator required