Sponsored by:

air suspension fault

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 05:34 PM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air suspension fault

I have an 06 cs with air suspension. My battery was getting a little weak and was still under warranty so I got a new one. after replacing it with the same interstate I get an air suspension fault workshop error. But I can raise and lower the car without any issues. what gives. I never had an issue befor.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:54 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like you need a vehicle handover via scan tool. It's very common for issues like this to be fixed after a battery change by performing a handover.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Sounds like you need a vehicle handover via scan tool. It's very common for issues like this to be fixed after a battery change by performing a handover.
OK is this something that durametric can do what's a scan tool
Old 11-18-2015, 09:48 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

If he means the suspension calibration then yes, Durametric can do it. First scan it for faults if you have Durametric and that may give you a starting point. If it looks level at all four corners and goes up and down (how long to get from on level setting to the next) if could be a weak compressor faulting, even with a weak compressor it will usually get from one position to the other at about the same rate because of the air stored in the rear tank, can you hear the compressor run? Does it usually run for 10~20sec or much longer. When it gets weak it will run longer then the overtemp sensor will cause it to shut down and give a fault, 1772 I think was the usual. Also, if so don't replace the whole compressor (expensive), there is a guy on Ebay that sells the seals for cheap $30~$35 shipped from the UK (ebay id: bagpipingandy)
Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 PM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
If he means the suspension calibration then yes, Durametric can do it. First scan it for faults if you have Durametric and that may give you a starting point. If it looks level at all four corners and goes up and down (how long to get from on level setting to the next) if could be a weak compressor faulting, even with a weak compressor it will usually get from one position to the other at about the same rate because of the air stored in the rear tank, can you hear the compressor run? Does it usually run for 10~20sec or much longer. When it gets weak it will run longer then the overtemp sensor will cause it to shut down and give a fault, 1772 I think was the usual. Also, if so don't replace the whole compressor (expensive), there is a guy on Ebay that sells the seals for cheap $30~$35 shipped from the UK (ebay id: bagpipingandy)
I def don't have a compressor issue. Everything was fine before changing the battery.

The car still goes up and downike before and compressor works no problem
Old 11-19-2015, 12:51 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

Probably just need to do the calibration but I would start by reading then clearing the codes and then drive it first before going ahead with anything else.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:06 AM
stuarttoffe
2nd Gear

Hi,
I read your question I think air suspension fault background is not good.
I have no more information about this so please concern your friends.
------------
classified website
Old 11-19-2015, 02:41 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

With the durametric, you need to complete the calibration. Mine had an error after leaving the battery disconnected over night (airbag sensor wire fix) and while the air suspension worked flawlessly, the code came on basically stating it had an invalid map. Just needed to complete the measurements and calibrate.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:51 PM
colowhisper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any of you Colorado or Canada guys noticed an air suspension fault occurring only at high elevations? I have found an interesting pattern of getting a message when I am over 8000 feet. Truck drives normal and feels normal but I get the chassis faulty warning and can't engage sport mode until I restart or go back down the mountain. Lower elevations never any message or faults. I have a new battery. Any ideas?
Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had that happen before. Both times up near Berthoud Pass coming back from Winter Park. Never left a code, and a restart cleared it. I've hypothesized it had something to do with a rapid change in pressure within the air tank or air bags from the climb. It's a steep, fast climb if there isn't any traffic in the summer. I've definitely been at higher elevations without the error, and going from Denver to the Eisenhower is a good 5k+ ft in climbing. I thought maybe it had something to do with the thin air and the compressor timing out or overheating, but it was never running during the climb and I hadn't adjusted the suspension recently. It's been awhile since it's happened, and I'm in the mountains almost every weekend.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
colowhisper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a good hypothesis. Same road! Guess I won't worry too much about it right now and investigate a little. It would be a drag to find myself way up high in the San Juans next summer and unable to get into terrain mode for off roading.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:02 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A simple restart should clear it - I've never worried I wouldn't be able to change suspension levels.

Quick Reply: air suspension fault