Sponsored by:

EPA adds Diesel Cayenne to Out of Spec Cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 02:20 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by major dad
My Feb 2013 Diesel does not come up as needing any recalls when I put it into the checker. I'm confused now as to whether I need to contact my dealer or not.
There is no recall for this yet, but it's coming.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:38 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 460 Posts

Dealer says they are not currently offering those with vehicle deliveries pending (i.e. in port or waiting for delivery/shipment) anything at this point. Current warranty offer is for those who already have purchased recall. No concrete new yet but they suspect/rumors have it that Porsche will begin flashing the upgrades to current owners and those with cars pending delivery next month in Jan if they can get EPA/CARB to agree to the fix soon. So far the EU has just approved all of their fixes for other VW/Audi models and they are scheduled to begin those within the next few weeks.

So we're currently waiting on the US govt it seems.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:09 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

That's a shame, but doesn't surprise me. They view it as you haven't been aggrieved since you aren't an owner. They should show some thought to those of you that have stuck through it and waited all this time though. I don't know if the extension is warranted, but something would be nice to show they recognize the loyalty.

If they don't willingly offer anything, I'd take your dealer over the coals when it comes time to sign the papers. Don't tip your hand early though. Play up how you've waited all this time and now the vehicle isn't "as ordered". Make them believe that you'll walk.

When this thing breaks I think the dealers are going to be willing to make deals to move stock as quickly as possible. The idea of having another one to sell will not be appealing to them.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:09 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warranty Equity

Originally Posted by snzuloz
anyone know what they will do if someone purchased the extended warranty already? extending it this way defeats the purpose as I'm sure this won't be added on top of. maybe they will reimburse the original warranty purchase?
I posted this in the other thread. Nice Christmas present!

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-issue-18.html
Old 12-22-2015, 03:29 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Here's an interesting twist. Wonder if CARB will bite?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201.../#more-1248201
Old 12-22-2015, 05:12 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by skiahh
Here's an interesting twist. Wonder if CARB will bite?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201.../#more-1248201
That's an interesting idea. CARB/EPA won't consider it though because it makes sense

Nice to see someone with Musk's profile/visibility publicly state that the violation really doesn't amount to a hill of beans environmentally speaking.

I don't, however, believe EVs are the source of our salvation primarily due to their batteries. The range is still too low, it's not practical for everyone to have a charging station (apartments, houses with street parking, etc..), and the damage mining the materials for the batteries does.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:44 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
That's an interesting idea. CARB/EPA won't consider it though because it makes sense

Nice to see someone with Musk's profile/visibility publicly state that the violation really doesn't amount to a hill of beans environmentally speaking.

I don't, however, believe EVs are the source of our salvation primarily due to their batteries. The range is still too low, it's not practical for everyone to have a charging station (apartments, houses with street parking, etc..), and the damage mining the materials for the batteries does.
Oh, make no mistake, Musk and the others advocating this are not doing it out of a sense of benevolence. Notice they want to require VW to locate their plant in CA, rather than leave it to VW's discretion.

No, there's more to this proposal than "paying back" the pollution with EVs.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:42 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 460 Posts

Spoke to my dealer today and GM has gotten word that there likely won't be any release of the '16 CD's for sale anytime before the spring/summer. Doubts we'll see any '16 CD but Porsche will likely re-tool/reclassify them with EPA for '17 model. CD's have been removed from the website and production halted/diverted to other models. Still no word on how to flash all US cars with fix when approved which will take time also. So unlikely I will see my ordered '16 CD at all in the next 4-6 months at this rate. Post seems to hint the same.

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...n=awdailydrive

Am being offered a good deal on another Cayenne model. May have to switch due to the uncertainty of when if ever my CD will ever be released.

Quick Reply: EPA adds Diesel Cayenne to Out of Spec Cars