Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Cayenne Diesel unable to smog test, no parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,845 Likes on 1,123 Posts

If you paid for your reg already (you should have) you're fine. Just carry the receipt from the smog check and you get pulled over show them the paperwork. Chances are near 0. Now meter maids in LA... thats another story.

I just went through this on my RS. Paid the reg, but had issues with the smog readiness due to a computer reset (battery). Took a week of driving to get it set and then, got smog, and tags showed up a week later after smog check was done. I got the tags about 3 weeks after the reg was expired but I'd paid the fees on time.

Also, found out why I didn't have to get my diesel checked... i got the car CPO, it is now exactly 2 years old (2013 CD). But, I bought it when it was 1 year old and they smogged it then. So mine will be due next year. I guess Gas cars are 4 years, then every 2. Diesels are every 2.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:48 AM
cayennediesel
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spyerx, I called the DMV & they were really unhelpful. thanks for the tip on carrying around the Smog receipt & good point on the meter maids, I won't park it on the street!

So the saga continues here & the fantom part arrived they put it in & zippo, nothing. So now they are rebooting some DEM if I heard them right & then going to change the particulate filter... My summer road trip is totally messed up right now because I don't know when I need to have the rental car back & can't plan my life around when they are going to figure this out. I figure I'll just head out in the rental & that be that!

They can't smog it for me, though. I'll still have to take it back to the smog station & drive for 2 weeks on expired plates.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:06 PM
stallone
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering what was the resolution especially with this whole EPA issue that VW/Audi &…some Porsches have?

I have been wanting to purchase a 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel but I am not sure how this EPA thing is going to be addressed. Thx.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:34 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by stallone
I was just wondering what was the resolution especially with this whole EPA issue that VW/Audi &…some Porsches have?

I have been wanting to purchase a 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel but I am not sure how this EPA thing is going to be addressed. Thx.
One of those "just tell me what I want to know, I don't feel like researching the issue.."

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ion-issue.html

Start reading.

Simple answer - no one knows.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:47 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I think he was asking what happened to the op in particular

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne Diesel unable to smog test, no parts