Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you know if a 955 Turbo has the larger brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Default How do you know if a 955 Turbo has the larger brakes?

When I was looking at breaks for my Cayanne S,I noticed that there were two different types of braids for turbos. And the price difference between the two was very substantial. How do you know which ones a turbo has if you're looking at purchasing one? Any dead giveaways?
Old 02-08-2015, 10:45 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

The larger Brakes (380mm) only came with the E81 performance package (basically the same as a Turbo S). They also had larger intercoolers and a list of other items. Check the options sticker in the trunk. It will also be listed separately on the option sticker as I1LH, which is 19" Brakes which is a misnomer, it actually means the smallest wheel you can use is a 19" wheel to clear the rotors. Oh, the easiest way is to look at the Front rotor and if it is a 2pc rotor with a Aluminum hat bolted to the outer cast iron ring it is either a E81 option, a Turbo S, or someone has upgraded the front brakes to the larger OEM or aftermarket. Once again, only the E81 (Power Package) or Turbo S came with the larger brakes, not available separately.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
The larger Brakes (380mm) only came with the E81 performance package (basically the same as a Turbo S). They also had larger intercoolers and a list of other items. Check the options sticker in the trunk. It will also be listed separately on the option sticker as I1LH, which is 19" Brakes which is a misnomer, it actually means the smallest wheel you can use is a 19" wheel to clear the rotors. Oh, the easiest way is to look at the Front rotor and if it is a 2pc rotor with a Aluminum hat bolted to the outer cast iron ring it is either a E81 option, a Turbo S, or someone has upgraded the front brakes to the larger OEM or aftermarket. Once again, only the E81 (Power Package) or Turbo S came with the larger brakes, not available separately.
That's perfect, thanks!

Quick Reply: How do you know if a 955 Turbo has the larger brakes?