Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Entry and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 06:15 PM
NMoore
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colm, the actual feature is that the car relocks after a few seconds if it is unlocked but no door is opened. Hatch too.

Common to all remote-key VWs for some years now, hate to tell you but you had a bug before, not now. In fact, the buttons on the outside of the doors should not act to lock the doors if you walk away with the key, also a feature.

Any car with power locks could be made to fully lock every time a door is shut, yet literally none ever work that way. It may be possible to hack the system to do that, however.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:04 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto Nick...Must have been a software glitch if it did in fact auto lock after getting out of the car, closing the door and walking away. I too unlocked my car with the key button did not open the door and walked away and it locked itself. Had I opened the door then closed it and walked away...No locky....
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
NMoore
Racer

Possible user error could be fooling people about this. If you say, locked the car using the door button and then unlocked it and walked away to see if it would lock by itself...it would.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
dcxfire
4th Gear

I JUST BOUGHT A 2004 CAYENNE AND MY ENTRY LOCK AND GO SYSTEM WORKED FINE FOR 6 WEEKS THEN IT JUST STOPPED WORKING WHAT'S THE FIX? ANYONE. THANKS

Quick Reply: Porsche Entry and Drive