Sponsored by:

Pricing of Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 08:18 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Pricing of Cayenne S?

Hi there and good day to all!!! I happened to get a loaner Cayenne S and after driving one as well as my wifey too-she absolutely loved it. Well we're pretty much in the future looking to replace the current Merc ML I like to ask the board what kinda discount can be realized on the Cayenne S other then the dealer specials that I see advertised. Options will include:
1) air suspension- my wife and I loved this feature
2) bi-xenons
3) vari-assist steering
-can other's tell me what other options are good to have? Color choices are narrowed down to silver/titanium silver/lapus blue and interior preferably black but wife loves the gray. Let me just tell you- I pretty amazed with the Cayenne- steering imput/handling/braking surpassed my expectations considering it's a SUV. I tried convincing my wife to go for the turbo cayenne but I have to sell my 996-that ended my quest : ). Thanks to all!!! Regards. Mike
Old 07-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike... you should be able to get about $5k off ... but the catch is getting Air suspension in a S... There are a few dealers that received some with Air recently but I would say 1 out of 100 S's have air.. On that note someone from Roadfly just posted that air will not be available for October & November productions.... So that is the problem you will have ..that may be your selling point to your wife to get the TT... just FYI I ordered a S on May 2nd it was supposed to be a June build... It will be finished on September 6th 3 months late due to lack of the certain options listed below...

The * denotes what delayed my S..

Electric Comfort Package *
Non Smoker
Sports Aluminum Package
Moonroof
PCM w/ Compass
Fire Extinguisher
Bi-Xenons
Park Assist
Smooth Leather Interior
All Seat Heaters including Steering Wheel
Sport Seats w/Memory
Variable Assist Power *
Air Suspension
Trailer Hitch
18" Turbos Rims with all season tires (selling)
Drive & Entry *
6 Disc Changer

Also if you have a problem getting $5k off shoot me a email I can refer you to the dealer in Fresno where I live.. only a few hours from you...
Old 07-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin M.

I made the post on the air Oct/Nov block out. I was told by Brian @ Michaels. They're real nice people & it's a good referral.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:14 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Kevin-you have some very nice options which are to my liking. May I inquire how much you paid with said options including discount? That Drive and entry is kinda neat which was on the loaner car but didn't know til when I tried remote locking it and everytime kept unlocking by itself when I lifted the door handle-I was looking kinda stupid doing that repeatedly and asking myself how the heck to lock this car-lol!!! I would love an email with regards to the dealer at Fresno if possible. My email is jcheng5810@aol.com. Regards. Mike
Old 08-08-2003, 03:45 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts
Cool Cayenne S options

Dear Mike,
I just happened to trade in my 02 ML500 for my 04 Cayenne S about 2 months ago. Needless to say, the Cayenne drives and handles much better than the ML500, which is not a bad SUV to start with. The Cayenne felt like a different class of SUV on the road, way above the ML's and X5 in my opinion. I sure hope that this image will not be spoiled by a V6 model.

Back to the option lists, my feeling is putting too much options on the Cayenne S will no longer make it a bargain, unless money is not an issue. I think the Xenon lights are a must. Parktronic is a good option when parking the SUV in a tight spot. My kids love the manual rear window sunshades. The moonroof is a bit disappointing as the winding buffeting is annoying if the roof is opened more than 2/3, then one of the door's window needs to be opened in compensation. For wheels, the 18 inches Turbo wheels is a good bargain and looks good together with the colored wheel crests. I also ordered heated seats and steeling wheel but haven't had a chance to use them yet.

Regards, Tim

1996 993 Targa
2004 Cayenne S
2002 Mini Cooper S
Old 08-08-2003, 04:48 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I am in the process of selling my ML320 and getting into a Cayenne S in the near future. Options look like: Lapis Blue with black or gray interior, regular trim(actually kinda like the golf ball texture stuff), Air suspension, Electric comfort package, bixenon, heated seat/steering wheel, 18 inch turbo rims, parktronic, 6 cd changer, moonroof, vari assist steering, tow package and memory seats. Man options-get carried away with it easily. Regards. Mike
Old 08-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike you have mail
Old 09-15-2003, 12:59 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Whoopee-my ML320 is sold and gone. Now gotta look for a Cayenne S!!!!Regards. Mike
Old 09-15-2003, 07:02 PM
drewwww
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kevin,
did you get your cayenne s yet? I got mine from fresno end of august. It was cayenne s with air suspension, xenons, variable assist steering, trailer hitch, moonroof, and electric comfort package. They gave me a little over 6700 off msrp. The guys at fresno are willing to deal.

Quick Reply: Pricing of Cayenne S?