Sponsored by:

Tablet install directly into my BOSE system...or not

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 08:38 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX5
To sound even remotely decent on a good stereo, digital music must be recorded at a very high bit rate, (not the default iTunes rate). Better yet...lossless format.
Very well said...
Old 02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Lightningmcnulty
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 69gaugeman
I know that there are android head units that are available for the Touareg that communicate with the factory system and you get full functionality of the center display, etc PLUS the android apps that can be downloaded. I think they have a 20 gig storage as well... let me see if I can find the site....OMP.....

Here it is: ANDROID HEAD UNIT
These look great, I have a damaged screen on my car so would love to replace it and these are brand new for the price of a used OE unit.

really interested to know if it will work and anyone who has used one It would be great to get opinions on quality etc
Old 02-27-2014, 02:01 AM
RacerX5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightningmcnulty
These look great, I have a damaged screen on my car so would love to replace it and these are brand new for the price of a used OE unit.

really interested to know if it will work and anyone who has used one It would be great to get opinions on quality etc
It's probably not that hard to replace the screen in the factory nav/stereo. You can get a new screen off eBay for around $200 or less. I replaced the screen on my X5 nav unit, and if you've every taken a laptop apart to change a broken screen, it's pretty similar. Took me about 1.5 hrs start to finish on the X5. I'm sure somewhere on the internet is a how-to video of this.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Lightningmcnulty
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome, I didn't even think of this as an option, I will look into it.

thank you

Quick Reply: Tablet install directly into my BOSE system...or not