Sponsored by:

Dynavin head unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I-Fly-GV
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Kish
I've figured out most of this. What I can't figure out is what, if anything, plugs into the Can Interface. One side comes from the Dynavin harness but I can't find anything that plugs into the other side of the Interface (it's a 10 pin connector). Or do we not use the Can interface at all.......?

Getting error codes and SRS light and thinking it's because of this.

Please help.
It appears that all we can do with the CAN interface is plug in the connector from the Dynavin harness. Nothing else was back there on my car to plug into it. ('05 CTT) And is probably why there are no temp readings on the info page. I guess were all waiting to see what Dynavin comes up with on that. Probably nothing.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Jeff helped me get it all sorted out. I had it right with regard to wiring. Still dealing with the Airbag light since installation though. Not sure why.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:36 AM
bmbratz
Intermediate

Had to return my dynavin back for a refund still couldn't sort out my random loss sound issues with Bose so now I have nothing and back to square one I don't know whether to get another head unit eg pioneer/alpine and go with the Bose interface route or bypass the Bose amp any ideas guys which route to take?
Old 12-06-2014, 11:19 AM
jbb01
Intermediate

Hmmmm...this is not looking good for my Dynavin that is on its way? Now I am rethinking the purchase and should've went with a Pioneer unit.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 PM
big928fan
Intermediate

did you guys get the win ce version or the android version??
Old 12-09-2014, 12:27 AM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Kish
Jeff helped me get it all sorted out. I had it right with regard to wiring. Still dealing with the Airbag light since installation though. Not sure why.
I suspect you moved your seat(s) all the way back to do the install? It's a known issue that the airbag connections under the seats can fail. There's some info on the forums about this, but basically there is a TSB that tells you to remove the connectors and directly solder the wire leads together. Hope that points you in the right direction.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:24 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

In fact, I did.

In looking at the threads on the subject, it seemed to involve 955's, not later cars. To be sure, I did look under the seat and nothing looked amiss.

Taking it to the stealer since Duramteric won't clear and doesn't even log a fault code for airbags, just codes 1299 and 459. I posted a thread about it but got no responses.

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
I suspect you moved your seat(s) all the way back to do the install? It's a known issue that the airbag connections under the seats can fail. There's some info on the forums about this, but basically there is a TSB that tells you to remove the connectors and directly solder the wire leads together. Hope that points you in the right direction.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:24 PM
s329
Racer

Had it installed in my 08 cayenne S today. This thing is great! What a huge upgrade.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:34 AM
scoobytc
Intermediate

If these units displayed the trip computer info like mpg etc id have one like a shot but not having that info is a deal breaker for me which is a shame as it looks like a good bit of kit
Old 12-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Villian
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoobytc
If these units displayed the trip computer info like mpg etc id have one like a shot but not having that info is a deal breaker for me which is a shame as it looks like a good bit of kit
I feel the same way. It's only like three litle things, but it's a deal breaker. I'd mostly like to see instant MPG, Trip MPG, Continous MPG, and the Temp. That's all I really care about.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:28 PM
s329
Racer

You get mpg through the existing center display on the speedo. There's a physical needle for oil temp on the speedo. What you gain can't even compare to the old PCM 2.1

Originally Posted by Villian
I feel the same way. It's only like three litle things, but it's a deal breaker. I'd mostly like to see instant MPG, Trip MPG, Continous MPG, and the Temp. That's all I really care about.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Villian
Instructor

Originally Posted by s329
You get mpg through the existing center display on the speedo. There's a physical needle for oil temp on the speedo. What you gain can't even compare to the old PCM 2.1
The mpg I get on the center wheel display is only the "since last manual reset" one. It's not instantaneous or automatically reseting. I can't imagine how annoying it would be to only have that. Either way I'm slowly leaning more and more towards the Dynavin. How's the GPS software that it comes with?
Old 12-13-2014, 02:45 AM
s329
Racer

The nav software is obviously a huge improvement both functionally and visually compared to the PCM. If you've used stand alone units from garmin or tomtom it's more or less on par with those. I was concerned that using the antenna that came with the unit would result in a weaker signal but it's not the case for me. I get full signal pretty much everywhere I go and some parts are known to have weak signals. I mounted mine behind the speedometer but I think some people have had just as much success mounting it on the a-pillar.

Originally Posted by Villian
The mpg I get on the center wheel display is only the "since last manual reset" one. It's not instantaneous or automatically reseting. I can't imagine how annoying it would be to only have that. Either way I'm slowly leaning more and more towards the Dynavin. How's the GPS software that it comes with?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Villian
Instructor

Originally Posted by s329
The nav software is obviously a huge improvement both functionally and visually compared to the PCM. If you've used stand alone units from garmin or tomtom it's more or less on par with those. I was concerned that using the antenna that came with the unit would result in a weaker signal but it's not the case for me. I get full signal pretty much everywhere I go and some parts are known to have weak signals. I mounted mine behind the speedometer but I think some people have had just as much success mounting it on the a-pillar.
Can you reuse the OEM antenna?
Old 12-14-2014, 06:18 PM
s329
Racer

Yes with the right FAKRA adapter. It's brought up in the earlier pages in this thread.

Quick Reply: Dynavin head unit