Sponsored by:

LR Sport Supercharge vs GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts
Default LR Sport Supercharge vs GTS

both being 2010, which you guys prefer, thoughts?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 PM
BenGTS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone I have ever known with a RR has had a beautifully crafted,very complicated, unreliable pain in the ***. My opinion slightly favored one way by my current ride, is more so with what you want to do with it and the driving exp. u want day in and day out. What are a few things important to you would help us give u input.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:37 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the choice I made between the same 2009 cars in 2010. After driving the GTS there was no longer a choice!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What attributes are we to judge by? Looks? fit and finish? Industrial Design? Road manners? 0-60 times? reliability? Offroad prowess.. You get where this is going. Some of the answers are subjective and some are just facts. As a whole I much prefer the cayenne when you add everything up.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:44 AM
gbratk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few years ago when I was buying car, I was looking RRS and CS after test drive choice was really simple. I ended up with CS and I love it.
Test it and you will see. They are totally different cars.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:59 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Having owned a 2008 RRS S\C and leasing a 2009 GTS, I can say the RRS has been more reliable.

If you primarily drive on the road and do so aggressively - GTS. Not even close
If you like\drive torque - RRS S\C
If you want a better ride and handling - GTS. RRS rides like a buckboard
If you want to fold the rear seat and are over 6' tall - GTS
If you want headroom and are over 6'3" - GTS
If you do moderate offroading - RRS. GTS w/ AT's is good, but there are many places I take my Rovers w/o issue that my GTS was unable to venture w\o tightening the sphincter.
If you like Jaguars or LR Evoques as loaners - RRS
If you like Enterprise compacts - GTS
Old 01-22-2014, 01:56 PM
mcbit
Drifting

In 3 years of GTS ownership only the back fell off of the driver's seat; can't get a whole lot more reliable than that!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

In terms of reliability, the reality is many people will have great ownership experiences with both Land Rover and Porsche vehicles, and some will not. The reality is most cars these days are quite reliable.

Over a statistically relevant sample, there are differences though. The latest JD Power three-year dependability study has Porsche in position number two with 94 problems per 100 vehicles (Lexus is number one).

Land Rover is 33rd (and last) with 220 problems per 100 vehicles. This study is for 2010 vehicles, so it would be directly applicable Although the JD Power reliability study has limitations, it is one of the more impartial sources of information as it does not suffer from self-selection bias.

So, it appears that a Land Rover product (at least of 2010 vintage) may have a greater chance of issues than other cars, but I still think that the majority of owners will have pretty good experiences.

I would say drive both and base your decision more on that.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:14 PM
dchung05
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

here's my 2 cents,

my sister just recently leased a new RR sport supercharged and her 8 month old baby HATES the car. Her daughter doesn't seem to enjoy being bounced around in the back.
every time my wife and I get into my sisters RR, we instantly start humming the "Indiana Jones" theme song for some reason as well. and btw, my wife get sick in the RR because of the roughness of the ride.

Coming from a drivers pov, the ride is unacceptable for a range rover badge. The REAL range rover drives like a dream as it irons out all the bumps and potholes that Los Angeles has to offer.
I have yet to hear any complaints about the maintenance but it is still a new car so those complaints should be coming within a year or so. (just give it time)

That being said,
My wife and I purchased a GTS back in December and not to be one sided, but the ride quality, excitement, and the joy of driving is SO MUCH BETTER than the RR.
Don't get my wrong, the GTS can get a bit rough if you leave it in sports mode+ sports suspension but if you just raise your GTS to the right height and put it in comfort setting, it is absolutely DIVINE. I have NO buyers remorse after purchasing the GTS.
(I traded in my previous car which was a Audi 2010 Q5 prestige 3.2 V6 so the power difference and handling is tremendous.)

If you are looking for a drivers car, I say GTS. I love getting into the cayenne every morning. It seriously brings a little smirk to my face. And trust me, your passengers will love being in the car as well.

GTS over the RR Sports Supercharged.
(you'll also stand out from the crowd)
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 AM
kosmo
Race Director

i would not buy a previous gen LR. No F'ing way.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

I just picked up a new Cayenne GTS and I have to say I was so impressed with the test drive we decided we were going to buy during test drive. I sat in RR S/C but could not test drive it as it was already sold. I was told all RR were sold and could only be ordered.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:09 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

I'm about to pick up a GTS after having just driven the new RRS and it's really two different cars. The RRS is not really sport like compared to the GTS. It is sport like compared to the range rover.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Jlee, good for you man which one u ended up getting? Princeton one?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

I'm probably going to do a 2014 with them. The pricing difference is negligible.

Jeff

Quick Reply: LR Sport Supercharge vs GTS