Sponsored by:

Iphone 5 experiences and may not need AHA

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 08:22 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Iphone 5 experiences and may not need AHA

I took delivery of my Cayenne Diesel a couple of weeks ago. Just to say that my Iphone 5 running IOS 7 is nicely integrated with the latest PCM 3.1.

I can have all the playlists displayed on the PCM, including my iTunes radio lists. Had I known how well integrated it is now, I may not have ordered the online services (aka AHA app). So, far AHA has been a disappointment. It seems to be unable to keep data after awhile. On the other hand, the iPhone own's music app works perfectly even when using data through Itunes radio.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:41 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good news, I never ordered online services in the first place. My problem however, is that I'm unable to successfully download IOS7 (for iPhone5 and iPad4). Initially tried via cellular on iPhone and via internet on iPad. Error messages just said "failed-try again". Apple support said sync devices with iTunes first, still no luck. Error now says "download corrupt". Apple says it's Verizon's fault, Verizon says it's Apples fault. Any suggestions?

//greg//
Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

yup, backup, do a hard reset and try.
if that won't work, donwload the latest sw here: http://www.ipswdownloader.com/downlo...ipsw-files.php
connect your device via USB and then by pressing the shift (windows) or command key (mac) push the update button in itunes and choose the file you've just downloaded. voila. restore data and you're done.

in that won't work, you might need to restore your phone/ipad to IOS 6.1.4 and then update manually. youtube search about updates to IOS7, there's a ton of tutorials.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:52 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
I took delivery of my Cayenne Diesel a couple of weeks ago. Just to say that my Iphone 5 running IOS 7 is nicely integrated with the latest PCM 3.1. I can have all the playlists displayed on the PCM, including my iTunes radio lists. Had I known how well integrated it is now, I may not have ordered the online services (aka AHA app). So, far AHA has been a disappointment. It seems to be unable to keep data after awhile. On the other hand, the iPhone own's music app works perfectly even when using data through Itunes radio.
So you are doing this through the USB and have all of your songs on your phone? I have put all my songs in my jukebox and have nothing on my phone and never bothered to try iTunes Radio. Perhaps I will!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zorba1331
So you are doing this through the USB and have all of your songs on your phone? I have put all my songs in my jukebox and have nothing on my phone and never bothered to try iTunes Radio. Perhaps I will!
Yup. Using the lightning cable that came with the phone and connected to the USB slot of the CPM. No need to use a lightning to 30-pin adapter, as previously reported.

I guess the Jukebox is still nice to have if you want to store a lot more songs than what your Iphone can hold. [Edit: If you have your iTunes songs in iCloud, rather than stored in your phone, then in reality, you can have the ability to play all your Itunes songs through the PCM. Of course, by doing this, you'll be consuming data from your cell phone provider.]

For me, what I found nice is that my personally created Itunes radio playlists are also displayed on the PCM. If so, why have AHA, right? All that AHA provides as extra are the location-based searches for eats, coffee or gas stations (which, I think, are based on Yelp). So far AHA seems to be on beta state. Half the time the PCM does not recognizes it and I need to re-start the app. A lot of times, it loses the data midway and I am greeted with total silence.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:59 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
yup, backup, do a hard reset and try.
if that won't work, donwload the latest sw here: http://www.ipswdownloader.com/downlo...ipsw-files.php
Had to cancel the download when I saw it was 1.23 GB. The v7.0.2 straight from Apple is "only" ~730 MB. Any idea why?

//greg//
Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

AFAIK, the 7.0.2 from apple is just an ugrade, the ipsw files from that site are full install
Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The ipsw could also be less compressed than the apple download. But I believe you still need that much space when it unpacks.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Yup. Using the lightning cable that came with the phone and connected to the USB slot of the CPM. No need to use a lightning to 30-pin adapter, as previously reported. I guess the Jukebox is still nice to have if you want to store a lot more songs than what your Iphone can hold. [Edit: If you have your iTunes songs in iCloud, rather than stored in your phone, then in reality, you can have the ability to play all your Itunes songs through the PCM. Of course, by doing this, you'll be consuming data from your cell phone provider.] For me, what I found nice is that my personally created Itunes radio playlists are also displayed on the PCM. If so, why have AHA, right? All that AHA provides as extra are the location-based searches for eats, coffee or gas stations (which, I think, are based on Yelp). So far AHA seems to be on beta state. Half the time the PCM does not recognizes it and I need to re-start the app. A lot of times, it loses the data midway and I am greeted with total silence.
Using iTunes Radio doesn't consume data?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 PM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can only display playlists on the PCM main screen but not on the round screen in front of the driver. When you use Jukebox or an USB stick, you can display song folders on both screens.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:50 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zorba1331
Using iTunes Radio doesn't consume data?
Oh, It does too. Ok, let me clarify. Itunes Radio consumes data, just like the AHA app. Itunes songs do not, depending if it is in the phone or in the cloud. If you subscribe to Itunes Match, then your Iphone can have the ability to play all your iTunes songs that you have stored somewhere else because they are in ICloud. Obviously, if you have Itunes playlists that contain songs you did not downloaded to the phone, and are in Icloud, then of course those songs will consume data.

What I am trying to say about Itunes radio is that it functions in a similar way to the AHA app. At least, as far as Internet radio does. So, you may not really need the AHA app if all you want is Internet radio (unless you really want the stations that AHA provides).

Hope I am correct.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Oh, It does too. Ok, let me clarify. Itunes Radio consumes data, just like the AHA app. Itunes songs do not, depending if it is in the phone or in the cloud. If you subscribe to Itunes Match, then your Iphone can have the ability to play all your iTunes songs that you have stored somewhere else because they are in ICloud. Obviously, if you have Itunes playlists that contain songs you did not downloaded to the phone, and are in Icloud, then of course those songs will consume data. What I am trying to say about Itunes radio is that it functions in a similar way to the AHA app. At least, as far as Internet radio does. So, you may not really need the AHA app if all you want is Internet radio (unless you really want the stations that AHA provides). Hope I am correct.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Iphone 5 experiences and may not need AHA