Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at this GTS . PHOTO Inside . Should I pull the Trigger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Miamirice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JD305
Thanks bro for the advice!

I won't be doing much highway driving...mostly city (south florida)...and the streets are not bad here as far as pot holes or stuff like that.

So you feel this 2009 GTS trumps the 2006 CTTS with CPO? For driveability and comfort, etc.

How much is a 2 year CPO worth in dollars....or I guess "piece of mind" for that matter?

I have driven a 2006 CTTS, and it seems smaller than the 2008+ Cayenne. The TT is a monster though when you smash the pedal.
I too live in the 305 area code. Keep in mind we do not have the wonderful foothills of California or the canyons to carve that so many are speaking of. I recently drove from San Francisco to Seattle and was reminded of why car magazines chose these type location to test cars.

We have smooth roads....but it's a flat, traffic choked grid. It's traffic light to traffic light in a straight line. Every once in a while you get an open exit ramp on the highway...but rarely. So get the one you most enjoy the cabin and features. Unless you plan the traffic light street racinging, so much that would factor in out west just won't matter here.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JD305
Thanks bro for the advice!

I won't be doing much highway driving...mostly city (south florida)...and the streets are not bad here as far as pot holes or stuff like that.

So you feel this 2009 GTS trumps the 2006 CTTS with CPO? For driveability and comfort, etc.

How much is a 2 year CPO worth in dollars....or I guess "piece of mind" for that matter?

I have driven a 2006 CTTS, and it seems smaller than the 2008+ Cayenne. The TT is a monster though when you smash the pedal.
At the end of the day it all depends on how you get your kicks; if you like dragging at the traffic lights go for the CTTS if you want to scratch through twisty bits go for the GTS. For me the major point in a car is the handling and second the the age of the car, take a newish car from the first owner and generally you'll have the biggest bargain you'll ever get.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:22 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbit
At the end of the day it all depends on how you get your kicks; if you like dragging at the traffic lights go for the CTTS if you want to scratch through twisty bits go for the GTS. For me the major point in a car is the handling and second the the age of the car, take a newish car from the first owner and generally you'll have the biggest bargain you'll ever get.
I agree with mcbit and would add that the depreciation curve is a little flatter for the CTTS because of age and it's a CTTS...three years out it will probably retain somewhat more of its 2013 value.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:13 PM
JD305
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the input...I'm leaning towards the 2006 CTTS because of the CPO...then in a year or so, I can resell it and get a 2009 GTS, hopefully by that time, as DWC mentions, the deprec. curve on the CTTS will not be as bad. I don't drive very much...less than 7000 miles per year cause my work and home are all very close in proximity...so that helps with the mileage and gas.

Couple side questions...
1.turning off the PSM on the 06 CTTS makes a big difference?
2.how much does the active suspension lower on the CTTS?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are three ride height positions. I believe between low and high positions there is about a 2" difference. Turning off PSM improves transmission shift behavior (like it holds gears longer) and throttle response seems improved. The nanny is less aggressive too. I tend to turn it off for highway driving so the car is more responsive but it won't ever shift into 6th unless you do it manually.

Quick Reply: Looking at this GTS . PHOTO Inside . Should I pull the Trigger?