Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne aftermarket Unit for a 2008 with Bose

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:48 AM
sureshot
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Uphoto. If anyone wants links to the stuff I bought and the sellers, PM me!
The following users liked this post:
newtowny (08-05-2019)
Old 02-16-2017, 11:38 AM
uphoto
Pro

Received 316 Likes on 133 Posts

The more I think about this option the more it scares me. Can't imagine how buggy that android system would get over time but at least the initial cost isn't as bad as other options.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:42 AM
sureshot
Track Day

Well, I'm not here to promote the stuff by any means, but I have to tell you I am extremely happy with what I got for the money. Are there better systems out there? Maybe. Are they several times the price? Almost certainly.

Anyway, I understand the Android OS is upgradeable, and I have read of folks doing this elsewhere, but I think the lollipop version works just fine, so ain't gonna fix something that isn't broken!
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 AM
asl33p
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Sureshot, I tried pm'ing you to see exactly which system you bought, as I'd like to get the same from ali-express, but too many choices.

Can you let me know which manufacturer you went for? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2017, 12:26 AM
sureshot
Track Day

Hey

This is a link to the exact system and vendor I purchased although the price seems to have changed......maybe wait until it goes on sale:

**** link edited out and PM sent

and this is the MOST adaptor for if you have (and wish to keep) the BOSE amp and speakers:

****link edited out and PM sent

It doesn't seem to be available any more, but is exactly what you would need.....spelling mistakes and all. When I bought the head unit, they also offered to sell me the MOST unit too. As the one I ended up buying is not available anymore, maybe that would be your best bet now.

Good luck, let me know if you pull the trigger and how it works out......or even better post about it.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by sureshot; 06-02-2017 at 12:28 AM. Reason: not sure if I can post links to non sponsoring vendors.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 AM
asl33p
6th Gear

Hi Sureshot

I will definitely post about it. First thing I already noticed is that aliexpress basically doesn't let you contact the vendor to ask questions. Everything is blocked.

I didn't get your PM, but I tried to add you to see if that helps. I can't really find where PM is on this forum tbh. I see visitor messages, which I did leave you one before, and also sent you e-mail via the link I get when I click you name in this thread.

Any admins can help? Would love to get started on this project right away (no bluetooth really sux these days for cars since it basically replaces radio for me).

I don't particularly want to post other contact methods (e-mail addy) here in case its against forum rules...unless I am allowed?
Old 06-02-2017, 05:00 AM
asl33p
6th Gear

Ah, I see the problem, I can't PM until I have made 3 posts since I am a new member.

Hope this counts as the third! I am thrilled to join this forum, and thrilled to own my first Porsche, even if it is used

I actually saw a good deal on a 2010 Panerama, but decided to save money first, since it's not essential, and I already took a huge hit on my previous car, which I bought first hand.

So, yay for Cayenne!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:22 AM
asl33p
6th Gear

Originally Posted by sureshot
Hey

This is a link to the exact system and vendor I purchased although the price seems to have changed......maybe wait until it goes on sale:

**** link edited out and PM sent

and this is the MOST adaptor for if you have (and wish to keep) the BOSE amp and speakers:

****link edited out and PM sent

It doesn't seem to be available any more, but is exactly what you would need.....spelling mistakes and all. When I bought the head unit, they also offered to sell me the MOST unit too. As the one I ended up buying is not available anymore, maybe that would be your best bet now.

Good luck, let me know if you pull the trigger and how it works out......or even better post about it.

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy

Can you please PM again? I'm good for receiving PMs now, thanks!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:05 AM
sureshot
Track Day

PM sent with links.

surprising you couldn't contact the seller, I had no trouble at all. As I said in my previous post, you have to be patient and word your questions appropriately for someone with English as a second language, but they were friendly and very helpful.

Good luck.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:29 PM
kyoso23
AutoX

Sorry to bump this thread with a semi-redundant question, but I am attempting to collect all of the needed items to make this install go well. I'm having a hard time following the entire thread and what is actually needed. So far I've purchased the head unit and an OBDII module. I am looking for suggestions on which backup camera and MOST adapter people have used that work well without to much modification. I'm new to Porsche (or German cars in general) and the additional stuff needed to help integrate this stuff properly is confusing to me. Any assistance is appreaciated! Thank you so much.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:32 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

This is all you need for the head unit.
http://www.connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTKPO02

If your new head unit has a gps input you’ll need an adapter in order to use the gps antenna which is fitted to the car. Fakra to whatever plug is on the new unit.

That’s it.

Any reverse camera will do. The ones that replace the number plate (licence plate) bulb seem to work well.

Quick Reply: Cayenne aftermarket Unit for a 2008 with Bose