Sponsored by:

Making spicy lemonade from a Bavarian lemon

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:49 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Making spicy lemonade from a Bavarian lemon

Had a rather unfortunate experience with the Bavarians, culminating in a buyback and some gross mishandling of the situation by them. They've lost my business for the time being and so my first love finds me back yet again for the 4th time in 6 months.

Thanks to another amazing deal from our friends at Beverly Hills Porsche, a brief visit yesterday to explore our options ended in us driving home in a lightly optioned Cayenne Diesel. The goal was a practical car to haul people/dogs/errands to go along with my weekend/track 76 911 3.2 and her daily 12 Targa 4S. More than happy with the torque and mileage of the CD, and the minimal options are good enough for a lovely ride. Like a 0 option Boxster from our past, the lack of option overload is a reminder of just how good the base cars from Porsche really are!

Build:
Black/Black
Std 18s w/ colored crests
Panorama roof
Park assist front/rear w/ Cam
Convenience package
Ext Pkg in Black
Sirius XM
Online Services

First impression is wonderful. I love the Panorama, my only real must have option, it goes so far to make the car feel light and airy instead of a dark cavern. The base pcm stereo is surprisingly good, I can't even imagine how good the burmeister must be. Similarly, the ride/handling/body roll are also quite amazing for such a big/heavy car that I struggle to comprehend how good the PASM/PDCC cars are! It really doesn't drive for as big as a vehicle as it is, and the camera made my first parallel parking attempt just a dead simple success.

My only complaints are minimal. The 18s are puny and the ride height too high for my taste. I'm having trouble getting used to the pedal ergonomics, likely a result of many many years of sports car with a legs-forward pedal box instead of the more upright position in the Cayenne.

I was hoping that I'd not mod this practical vehicle to put the money towards the 911s instead, but I have a few things in mind. I'd like to tint/black out a few things, do the H&R springs and some upsized OEM or tasteful aftermarket wheels. Otherwise, that's about it.

subtle new pepper

his hers and theirs

out running errands this morning
Old 07-07-2013, 04:09 AM
AdMan21
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, I love your lineup!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:29 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Excellent buy and great stable!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Congrats on the new addition. Not everybody has a good experience with BHP: BHP Story
Old 07-07-2013, 02:12 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

I have 7 years and a dozen transactions with BHP. I am no celebrity/high roller who gets special treatment, but just a normal guy whom they won over by respectfull and fair treatment by their service department.

It's sad that one anonymous complainer, one that didn't have the sense to have a PPI or even a forum user do a drive by (things I would never spend $10k without doing, much less $110k) has whipped this normally level headed forum into a typical blind internet lynch mob. It's sadder still that you thought it was appropriate to drag that mud slinging into my celebratory thread.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sqweak
It's sadder still that you thought it was appropriate to drag that mud slinging into my celebratory thread.
Sorry if I offended you or tainted your celebratory thread. Next time, just close your thread after the first post and you'll be safe from responses you don't like.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Fine . . . so not EVERYBODY had a good experience. I refuse to ever return to an alignment guy that most of my local club swears by because of a HUGE screw up (didn't touch rears - I guess he thought this was a FWD car?!?- and didn't set the wheel right before beginning), but I don't go talking about it (except for now, but for reference). I said what I had to say, found a different alignment guy, and moved on. This guy obviously had a good experience. I think that's all that matters for the sake of THIS thread. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, yeah . . . DUH . . . congrats on the new baby!

On the tinting . . . very good idea (though I don't know how dark is too dark, lol)! Hubby and I have virtually identical cars as far as age. His has a reddish ("Chesapeake Brown" I think it is called?) interior, mine the Marble interior. I have tinting (not very dark - whatever the factory option was), he does not. Granted, his interior is darker, but even the stitching is coming undone on his seats. I think this is because the sun did its work on his car, even though mine has sat out more. Tinting is a great investment, in my opinion. Once we get his interior fixed up, that car is getting tinted.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know why if someone is negative nancy that they suggest closing a thread as the solution.. how about not being such a downer. If he closed the thread then other people can't welcome his piglet.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by endless_corners
I dont know why if someone is negative nancy that they suggest closing a thread as the solution.. how about not being such a downer. If he closed the thread then other people can't welcome his piglet.
That's not what I suggested. Please re-read my post.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Sorry if I offended you or tainted your celebratory thread. Next time, just close your thread after the first post and you'll be safe from responses you don't like.
You're a class act.

Aren't there other threads full of people sharing their happy news you could be spewing your unrelated hate in? Don't want to be keeping you all to myself.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:01 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats, you have a stunning line up
Old 07-08-2013, 03:36 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Happy you got a nice diesel and purchase experience.

Quick Reply: Making spicy lemonade from a Bavarian lemon