Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 05:35 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 06 Cayenne. The tpms system doe not seem to work. How can I determine if the sensors are present?
If you have black rubber valve stems, you don't have sensors.

If your tire is tall enegh, I think you can jack up the car, deflate tire, push the tire over to check, and hopefully you have enegh cfm to re-seat the bead!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,565 Likes on 4,175 Posts

Bumping this older thread... I'll be putting some new wheels & tires on my Cayenne 957 Turbo S as part of the widebody project, and I'm assuming the TPMS sensors in the current wheels are original, so I'm just oging to purchase a new set to have installed into the new wheels so I don't have to deal with dead batteries at some point in the near future.

I've found 2 versions -
there's a black one made by HUF that looks to be pre-programmed to work with the Cayenne, at about $85 with part # 7PP907275F which is 433 MHz, is referenced in this thread, and it looks like that one will surely work, but it doesn't come with the valve hardware I'll need, so would have to purchase that in addition
Then there's a universal one, also made by HUF, which is orange, has part # UVS2000, comes with the valve hardware, and is about $40. That one says "The Huf IntelliSens is a universal sensor and must be configured before mounting. Configurable with ATEQ, Bartec, Huf, NAPA and Snap-On TPMS tools. Only with I7K3 (433 MHz) Monitoring System."

So I'd obviously like to go with the one that's half the price and comes with the valve stem, but need to know how I'd go about getting the vehicle to recognize them - would the seller preprogram them for my fitment prior to shipping, can I do a reset and discover protocol via durametric after installing the new wheels onto the car, can a high-end tire store where I'd have them mounted and balanced have the programming equipment, or am I going to have to take it to the dealer after mounting, eating up my up-front savings in dealer labor charges.

Thanks for the help on this guys.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:44 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Do all 2006 Turbo Cayennes have TPMS? Mine are currently normal valves. Can this be a plug n' program upgrade?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Quick question, I'm looking to buy some snow tires and I'm not sure if I want to have TPMS for these simple winter rims- how much of a pain is it to run without the sensors? Am I going to have constant warnings illuminated on the dash??
Old 12-05-2016, 06:44 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 350 Posts

I turn off the TPMS when I put my snow wheels off. Really easy to do with the 955, not sure on the newer Cayennes...

Quick Reply: TPMS Question