Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default new owner of a 2011 cayenne v6

Hey guys,

my dad just got himself a 2011 cayenne v6 for his 50yo birthday
truck is coming from florida and will arrive in a couple of weeks in Qc.

i was wondering if with this cayenne generation, you can put the red turbo calipers like the older generation or it would be overkill on a v6.

also, the truck is coming with the ugly 18" wheels, can we change for some time 19" turbo wheels or something oem?

thanks

Old 03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the world of Cayennes Seb!

You can put any size of Cayenne wheels you want on the V6, up to 21" if you want to stick to OE size. And keep those ugly ones for winter. Since they are original 18" they will hold up well to the potholes and salt!

If you want to avoid OE prices, I put these 20" turbo II replicas on mine:

http://www.replika.ca/component/page...art/Itemid,55/

They are a Montreal distributer (fastco) and you can order through Montreal shops much cheaper than listed on the web site.

Pretty sure you can retrofit the red calipers on a V6, somebody else with more experience can chime in on how many parts you will end up having to swap out. Will look good with the black, however you may be viewed as a poser as the colour (black/silver/red) is supposed to indicate the model, and can't be ordered on another model.

Did you go through a broker for the import, or did it yourself? Save much on local prices?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what they look like:

Wheel ~$200 each locally
TPMS ~$40 each ebay
Gun metal colour wheel centres ~$5 each ebay.

For the US folks, I imagine the ECS ones advertised here all the time, would look very similar.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

thanks steve, i will show this to my dad
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to add...starting with 2012 they changed the brake sizes on the V6. So if you are buying a replacement make sure you check on the sizes.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM
stormin48061
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice, i bot one from the US as well, same color combo, but 09. imported myself, flew down drove it back. mine has the turbo wheels on it. u sound like my kid, wanna change this, change that. I balked at the S and GTS, cuz i think it's overkill (with the v8, ceramics, suspension etc etc) those guys down south don't understand what salt does to a vehicle up here. Friend has a TT, moaning about the cost of brake replacement and air suspension... I chuckle and tell him that the price of entry for the V8 TT. The cayenne will be a piece of cake vs the 993 for maintenance. I left the brakes alone, want to change the rims (lookup usarim, alloy great prices! looks first rate), replaced the brakes, doing the blower motor, (put in 93 octane and just drive it). gonna take it down to the muffler shop and have them fab bypass and retrofit with 2 mufflers. good luck but have your dad drive it for a little while.

Quick Reply: new owner of a 2011 cayenne v6