Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone here have a cayenne v6 with sport design package?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 PM
saraojo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endless_corners
Saraojo have you given any pause for the diesel?
Yes I have thought about the diesel since there is one in the parking lot at work. I actually think the diesel script on the side is a nice touch. But once again the difference in price might sway me towards the v6. In addition, I have no experience about diesel cars so its another reason why I might go with the traditional unleaded gas. If have heard that the diesel offers more torque so it might be easier to drive off the line..
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 PM
saraojo
AutoX

So endless, after multiple ppl giving me great suggestions regarding the diesel, I went to the porsche configurator and realized that the price difference between the v6 tiptronic and diesel is not that significant. plus the thought of more low end power seems exciting to me bc my current cars powerband are mostly in the high rpms. It also seems that the tiptronic already comes standard with the diesel as well. ill have to test drive both back to back on this week if they are available
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Plus it has a turbo.. Which means.. It will respond well to a remap. Also I wager it will retain value better. Still the v6 gasser is gonna have more snarl and rev higher. Make sure to check out PASM. For some reason changing ride height and damper settings is a must have feature for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Plus it has a turbo.. Which means.. It will respond well to a remap. Also I wager it will retain value better. Still the v6 gasser is gonna have more snarl and rev higher.
I was pleasantly surprised with the growl the diesel does have when you put it in sport an punch it. It's no deep bass V8, but damn its a nice sound.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

That's awesome. A 958 diesel is seriously on my radar for in a few years. I would love to delete the urea injection and dpf and remap it. Then you get better fuel economy AND power. The exhaust equipment really robs this powerplant of its true potential. I know it's the law blah blah.. Just saying.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM
saraojo
AutoX

Plus it has a turbo.. Which means.. It will respond well to a remap. Also I wager it will retain value better. Still the v6 gasser is gonna have more snarl and rev higher. Make sure to check out PASM. For some reason changing ride height and damper settings is a must have feature for me.
PASM does sound like a great feature, I will have to play with it in person. So far I think it will be either v6 + tiptronic vs diesel. plus sport design package with side skirts and navigation. This way I think I will be able to keep the costs down. All the other options sounds nice to have but I will have to carefully choose what else I can add on. I will probably go with a white color to keep the white theme as my other car is also white and purchase 20 or 21 inch Turbo II wheels in black or gray from an aftermarket manufacturer.

I wonder if they will make ecu remaps for the turbo that would be awesome. I do not know if there are any manufacturers that are working on it. (i.e. APR or AWE etc)
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Are you asking about tuning the TDI? If so there are plenty of companies that have been tuning that engine in Audis/VWs.. but you can also use a tuning box..

Quick Reply: anyone here have a cayenne v6 with sport design package?