Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Cayenne 958 Interior Trim Colour Photo thread. Post up your pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question The Cayenne 958 Interior Trim Colour Photo thread. Post up your pics!

Ok guys, am at the crossroads. Order is only days off from being closed and am having second thoughts on the trim colour. At the moment i have spec'd full black leather with the aluminium trim package. Exterior colour is JBM with the exterior trim finishes in black with black roof rails, turbo 2 21 inch rims etc.

Am now thinking of (maybe) changing for a two tone. Have seen listed a black/titanium blue but haven't seen any actual cars with it in, so am hoping someone has it and can post some pics. Also interested to see any other trim colour combos as well.....

Preferably on a black car but any shots will do.

TIA
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Have you seen this vehicle?

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...est-drive.html

It has the two tone black/titanium blue interior, but with the standard black interior trim
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey Speed, we just finalized our spec a couple of weeks ago (we have a mid-April build date). We went with the titanium blue / black interior, also with the gloss black trim strips (coincidentally the same as that on the Diesel in the link posted by wwilliams88).

I don’t have any pictures, but we did have the chance to sample that interior in person on a turbo that had arrived at the dealership. In person, I found it very nice and I feel it is a brilliant combination. Our exterior color is white BTW.

I think another combination that would be great with the jet black exterior would be the umber/light cream combination. However, it would be more dirt-sensitive, so it may not be the most practical long-term choice.

We were going to go all-black, but it was just a bit too plain to our eyes. The red stitching with the extra GTS interior package certainly livened it up, but that was another ~4K on top of the leather interior, and was just too much $$ for us.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 AM
speed21
Banned

Thanks guys. I did see that youtube over on 6 and in the first part of the vid it looked like the blue was quite pale and then as the clip progressed the colour seemed to change in depth so it was a bit hard to get a handle on just how dark/light the blue was. It did have a nice look to it though but having light coloured carpets exposed in the footwells may prove a problem....not sure.

So 500_19B what was your impression on the darkness/lightness/depth of the blue in the flesh? i mean obviously it was nice enough for you to order but would you say it'd be a hard one on the maintenance side of things or, is it dark enough to soak up the general dust and dirt that tends to find its way inside at times. We generally keep our cars clean and avoid bringing dirty shoes in but there are always times in the wet when its unavoidable. Would you say its as dark as the regular grey trim in the Carrera?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Ok guys, am at the crossroads. Order is only days off from being closed and am having second thoughts on the trim colour. At the moment i have spec'd full black leather with the aluminium trim package. Exterior colour is JBM with the exterior trim finishes in black with black roof rails, turbo 2 21 inch rims etc.

Am now thinking of (maybe) changing for a two tone. Have seen listed a black/titanium blue but haven't seen any actual cars with it in, so am hoping someone has it and can post some pics. Also interested to see any other trim colour combos as well.....

Preferably on a black car but any shots will do.

TIA
i liked my yachting blue on 991 better, but the 958 was sexy/ black trim went very well.. other color and it would clash i feel.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Thanks guys. I did see that youtube over on 6 and in the first part of the vid it looked like the blue was quite pale and then as the clip progressed the colour seemed to change in depth so it was a bit hard to get a handle on just how dark/light the blue was. It did have a nice look to it though but having light coloured carpets exposed in the footwells may prove a problem....not sure.

So 500_19B what was your impression on the darkness/lightness/depth of the blue in the flesh? i mean obviously it was nice enough for you to order but would you say it'd be a hard one on the maintenance side of things or, is it dark enough to soak up the general dust and dirt that tends to find its way inside at times. We generally keep our cars clean and avoid bringing dirty shoes in but there are always times in the wet when its unavoidable. Would you say its as dark as the regular grey trim in the Carrera?
i had luxor beige in my first 958, horrible color for wear.

the blue will wear great, it's not too light.. and not too dark.. the floors are blue but i put black rubber mats in it.

on my next one i'm not sure what to do... i wish they had the red wine interior from panamera available on cayenne.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i had luxor beige in my first 958, horrible color for wear.

the blue will wear great, it's not too light.. and not too dark.. the floors are blue but i put black rubber mats in it.

on my next one i'm not sure what to do... i wish they had the red wine interior from panamera available on cayenne.
Thanks rijowisock, they are some great pics....really show it for what it is! Just what i was looking for! How do you feel the blue carpet will hold up or too early to say? Agree on the red wine though. Hadn't thought of that. I'll ask if that can be done as a special....price pending of course. Btw are you a member over there on 6 at all?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

espresso/cognac is my favourite combo, even the tartufo/umber looks classy as well. Can't say I am fan of the blue or the all out beige. Always like the Ferrari black dash with tan.

As others have stated Porsche are getting the car right, now they need to sort out the colours, both exterior & interior.

The black does show every white spec of dust! More so than the X5s black interior!
We have already got some wear on the drivers side bolster form sliding over the [non sport] seat. AFTER only 3 months of ownership, I am not happy and will take it up with Porsche. The colour is flaking off rather than worn, so its not what i would consider fair wear.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

I noticed the same thing… the color certainly looked light in the first part of the video showing the interior.

In person it did not strike me as particularly light. It was a nice, medium shade that I think will be reasonably easy to clean. The carpets are blue, so they will not be as impervious to showing dirt as black carpets, but certainly better than the cream or tan colors.

The great pictures by Rijowysock do a good job of showing the color combination as I remember it.

Sorry, I can't really make a good comment on the comparison to the regular grey in a Carrera...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Thanks rijowisock, they are some great pics....really show it for what it is! Just what i was looking for! How do you feel the blue carpet will hold up or too early to say? Agree on the red wine though. Hadn't thought of that. I'll ask if that can be done as a special....price pending of course. Btw are you a member over there on 6 at all?
i was on 6 in the past,

i think the blue would hold up great, afterall you will have floor mats on the worst wear area's..

get the blue, all the tan colors are very light besides the cognac...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the red on black in the turbo S will float down to all models in no time

that blue on black is one of the nicest - too bad not available on other models

Quick Reply: The Cayenne 958 Interior Trim Colour Photo thread. Post up your pics!