Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pano roof in hot climate....smart?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:57 PM
phojes
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No noise from the closed pano roof here.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 AM
Hud99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the cover of the moonroof (not the pano) more solid than the thin cloth cover of the pano?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hud99
Is the cover of the moonroof (not the pano) more solid than the thin cloth cover of the pano?
Yes, the moonroof shade is opaque.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Hud99
Advanced

Thanks Mike. I'm actually considering a moonroof vs the pano.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
waleedlondon
1st Gear

I don't know why people don't treat the pano nicely. Porsche sell a very small plastic NASA style magic lubricant especially for the pano. Very easy to use and doesn't attract dirt like other lubricants. It's code is 999 917 557 00 and it writes PORSCHE 1 St. Spezial-Gleitmittel. Made in the United States. It is only about 50 ml but you use maybe only 1 or 2 ml every 6 months when you notice the squeaking noise. There are special **** settings to put the pano roof into service mode making it easy to reach all the sides you wanna reach so follow the instructions. On a 2005 cayenne turbo treated you hardly hear any noise on the autobahn motorway as they call it in Germany where you can be doing your nearly 280 km/h top speed and the squeaking noise disappears. Panos are much more sought after for the person who does his research and a higher resale value should be the norm. I would never get anything but a pano unless it was half price!!!!! Makes the pepper feel like a convertible. In extreme sun put on your Porsche baseball cap with the roof and undercover closed big deal. So many things I can say for the pano. Impresses everyone inside when closed or open and outside when open. Close windows and open sunroof and turn the volume up make your statement with your Bose. Once you go panoramic you never go unpanoramic unless you don't know about the lubricant tip above and you are a vampire!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM
fincher
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on the Pano. I have it on my Touareg TDI.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Go for it!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,602 Likes on 1,618 Posts

I passed. Since I posted this, I counted the number of times I had the sunroof shade open. It wasn't many, and it's late winter early spring here, and if there were ever a time to use it, now would be that time.

It's not just the heat here, it's the sunlight....it's harsh. Most days it's simply more comfortable with the shade open.

We ordered umber / Tartufo interior so it will be light without the pano roof anyway.

Pano roof is awesome, and had I lived back up north would have ordered without hesitation. Down here, I believe I would have regretted it.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I passed. Since I posted this, I counted the number of times I had the sunroof shade open. It wasn't many, and it's late winter early spring here, and if there were ever a time to use it, now would be that time.

It's not just the heat here, it's the sunlight....it's harsh. Most days it's simply more comfortable with the shade open.

We ordered umber / Tartufo interior so it will be light without the pano roof anyway.

Pano roof is awesome, and had I lived back up north would have ordered without hesitation. Down here, I believe I would have regretted it.
I have it in my X5 and don't ever use it. Too hot here to have it open in SC and I am sure TX! The BMW has 2 panels that pop open and I don't really appreciate it as the driver and my dogs probably roast when they are riding. When I order my CD, I might get the Umber/ light tartufo inter as well as the umber exterior. Sorry, we might have twins! I will order the moonroof. And, depending on how well the vent seats work, I may pass on those as well. They really don't work well in the X5, but they did work well on my 997 cab!

Quick Reply: Pano roof in hot climate....smart?