Sponsored by:

Where's my Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 PM
F1nally
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Where's my Cayenne?

I'm new here so have mercy. Ok ....so after driving my 2003 Mercury Mountaineer for 9 years, my husband let me order a Cayenne. You can imagine my reaction! We ordered it from our local dealership in Louisville KY mid October. It was built on 12/12/12 and a month later, it still isn't on a boat!! Has anyone heard of a car waiting a month before getting on a boat? I was hoping to be driving my white beauty by now.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That seems like a long time to just be just sitting around, have you heard anything yet ?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My white beauty was loaded on a boat within a couple of days of build complete!

Just guessing, but you have to deal with holiday season in between, Hurricane aftermath at the ports, and rough winter ocean!

BTW, the closer it gets to pick up date ... the harder the mental anguish and torture. The worst is when the dealer call to say it arrived, but they have few days backlog in prep!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 149 Posts

That is a long time. My 09 Carrera was on vessel within 10 days of receiving the VIN and my 13 Cayenne was on vessel within one day. I assume you have the VIN number from the dealer?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM
LaicepsYdobon
Intermediate

My car sat at the port in Rhode Island for two weeks. People who ordered cars after me got theirs first. My dealer was apologizing profusely but this was really out of their hands. Porsche randomly pulls a few cars for quality control and goes over them with a fine toothed comb. My Cayenne was one of those cars. The wait was driving me up the wall but soon you will get *that* call from your dealer and it will make your day. It sucks to wait but its going to be worth it; I promise...
Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

It took one month for me after I was told that my Cayenne S had been built.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:20 PM
LaicepsYdobon
Intermediate

I just looked at my paperwork. I ordered the car on the 22nd of May and it was built by August 20. Arrived in the US on September 14 and sat at the port for the QA inspection until the end of that month. Picked it up at the dealership on October 4th.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It is either missing an option and awaiting delivery from the supplier, it was damaged on loading onto the vessel or it failed a QA audit and needs to be repaired.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 PM
F1nally
8th Gear

The dealer emailed me last week that after my Cayenne was built on 12/12/12, it didn't make it on a boat before everyone shut down for the holidays. He said it should be on a boat any day and then 2-3 weeks before it gets to the dealership. No I don't have a VIN#. If I get it from the dealer what will that do for me? Track the Cayenne? I don't know this stuff... My first new car! Lol
Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sorry but I don't see international commerce shutting down for more than a day or two (at most).
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nally
The dealer emailed me last week that after my Cayenne was built on 12/12/12, it didn't make it on a boat before everyone shut down for the holidays. He said it should be on a boat any day and then 2-3 weeks before it gets to the dealership. No I don't have a VIN#. If I get it from the dealer what will that do for me? Track the Cayenne? I don't know this stuff... My first new car! Lol
The VIN is the proof that the car was built at the date stated. The dealer should have it. You can use it to join Porsche Club of America (PCA) to get discounts on service and parts. Once the car is "on vessel", you can track the ship when it is range of land at sites like:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

and

http://www.fleetmon.com/

The dealer should also know when the Cayenne is loaded and the ship name. The ship will dock at Davisville, RI, Brunswick, GA and Houston,TX to unload vehicles. Not sure which one will be your port.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Whyteone
Track Day

Mine was finished about the same time and made it on the boat. And it was supposed to have arrived at the port in San Diego last friday...should be anyday now
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM
F1nally
8th Gear

I now have the VIN #. My Cayenne was one of the lucky ones chosen for a quality control inspection and was released today. It's awaiting the next boat out. Let's hope that's soon!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Whyteone
Track Day

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, except that you have to wait even longer now We'll pray that your boat catches a fast current to get here quicker

I just picked mine up on Saturday and I LOVE IT!!! Now I just need to get it paid off so I can get another one
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
F1nally
8th Gear

Whyteone, I know you must be enjoying your Cayenne! I just got word today that mine is on a Vessel! Wooo Hooo!!! Now just have to wait a few weeks longer....hopefully that's all. Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice, as this is all new to me. Once I get the name of the Vessel, I might have a few more questions about tracking it that you guys can help me with. I can't wait to officially be a Porsche owner

Quick Reply: Where's my Cayenne?