Sponsored by:

New tires for my 2008 Base Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
aratapuss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tires for my 2008 Base Cayenne

I have 2 sets of tires and rims for my Cayenne, with the winter tires currently in use. When spring arrives, I need to mount new all season tires for the 3 seasons I will use them.

The stock Continentals were OK, lasting 30,000 miles, but wonder what other tires people have bought, and might recommend to me.

I have 17" rims, and am interested in any suggestions.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM
John in Bismarck
Advanced

I have Toyo Open Country AT's on my 08, though they are 18's. Smooth, reasonably quiet ride and decent snow traction. Much better than the worn Blizzaks they replaced. The open tread should be good in mud this spring when the snow melts and ground thaws, maybe by early May the way this winter is going!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
aratapuss
Instructor

Thanks John, quiet ride is important.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
LaicepsYdobon
Intermediate

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons. Just OK in the heavy snow, but sublime in the rain and dry. Very smooth and quiet on the road. Not noisy on broken roads either. Very happy with them.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
aratapuss
Instructor

Pirelli's, glad to get the suggestion. I am checking it out now, thanks for the referral.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons. Just OK in the heavy snow, but sublime in the rain and dry. Very smooth and quiet on the road. Not noisy on broken roads either. Very happy with them.

Same. I like them. Mine are not N-rated either handles the same. Seem to be a solid tire.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of mileage are you getting out of them? I've got 25k mi. on my Yoko Parada Spec-X's and they're just a hair from the wear bars. I've driven them fairly aggressively though. I'll be getting new tires in the next month or so.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
LaicepsYdobon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 993BillW
What kind of mileage are you getting out of them? I've got 25k mi. on my Yoko Parada Spec-X's and they're just a hair from the wear bars. I've driven them fairly aggressively though. I'll be getting new tires in the next month or so.
I don't know yet. I only have 3,000 miles on my Cayenne and so far the tires are looking brand new. I did have a set of Pirelli P-Zero Neros on one of my Benzs and I went 30,000 miles on that set without any excessive wear. When my lease was up they even commented that they looked barely used and were surprised that it was the original set that came with the car.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also chose the Pirelli Scorpion Verde all seasons in 20", no regrets. Well rounded tire, rated for very good tread life (but do not have them long enough to judge). Over 500 tread rating means almost triple the life of some UHP summer tires!

Available in Porsche N-spec for reasonable price (which bumps them up to V speed rating)

Personally, would not run them in Winter. Winter = Dedicated Winter Tires were I live!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
aratapuss
Instructor

The Pirelli Scorpions seem to be popular. I enjoy buying tires, just want to know all my options.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You must have the six cylinder model. I think they're the only ones with stock 17 inchers. Click here, to download winter (and all season) tires for your Cayenne. You'll see the only Porsche approved 17" A/S is the Continental 4x4 Contact in 235/65R-17

//greg//
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Ajna Autowerks
3rd Gear

Love em too !!! I've run two sets on mine now
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Ajna Autowerks
3rd Gear

2004 with 2008 19" turbo wheels: I have about 30 on a set now and they still aren't on the wear bars , I love them and with the Cayenne people say they eat front tires but I am on the end of two sets of scorpions now and i havent seen any abnomal front tire wear but i do make an effort not to scrub them off by turning without movement , i run them a little hard 43psi cold and I rotate them every 6 thousand. They are good tires for the money
I don't know yet. I only have 3,000 miles on my Cayenne and so far the tires are looking brand new. I did have a set of Pirelli P-Zero Neros on one of my Benzs and I went 30,000 miles on that set without any excessive wear. When my lease was up they even commented that they looked barely used and were surprised that it was the original set that came with the car.

Quick Reply: New tires for my 2008 Base Cayenne