Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAV radio in 2004 Cayenne issue? any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM
yaya97
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NAV radio in 2004 Cayenne issue? any ideas?

Hello,
I know that the Cayenne is well known for its electronic glitches. My issue is that the radio, once a week, gives no spound and just has a system error message.Everything else works ( trip, MPG, navi ) and I can see what is playing on the radio or CD but no sound!
The fix is just to turn off the car, pul out the key, wait for 45 seconds and presto, it will work until next week.
Does anyone have a perm fix?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Sounds like a loss of the Most Bus. The Fiberoptic light path that the Amp, Sat Radio, Nav, CD, Phone if Mobridge of Dension are on. If you loose all of these things off the list that you have at the same time then it is the Most bus. They are the two larger brown looking wires going in the back of the PCM, there is also a plug into the CD player, Nav unit, etc.. If you unplug it with the PCM running you should see a Red light coming out of one of the two cables. I've had the problem before and it was a loose connection. Do you have any aftermarket items such as an Ipod player in your system? If so I would check the connections at the aftermarket piece first.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
yaya97
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no Ipod just the old Navo! Thanks I will try but it seems that this is a known gremlin!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That problem can be somewhat reduced with the later AMP but its sort of a feature of the car.

Best way to fix is to stop, turn it off and want five minutes and start again, its some sort of pre flight error that occurs and the system does not start up in the right sequence / timing.

Never went away on mine over 130K miles of use, periodic swearing occurs

Quick Reply: NAV radio in 2004 Cayenne issue? any ideas?