Sponsored by:

Can't decide as usual

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 PM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide as usual

Looking at a '13 Cayenne base with manny tranny. Can only find a few - white and black. Any input from the pro's out there on ext. color and must-have's in options (convenience pkg. good enough?, wheels?). New to rennlist...thanks for the help!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

Down to the wire - need help deciding. White with black or dark blue metallic with luxor beige? Are 14-way seats essential or are people happy with basic seats. Need help soon please! Thx.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
PAULUNM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I vowed to never own a black car again years ago. Impossible to keep looking nice.

Personally I prefer light colors- white, silver. And black interior always...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

A lot of people complain of glare with the beige interior. I didn't think it was a big deal until I got a Panamera loaner with beige interior and the beige dash caused a significant glare on the windshield that was very annoying and almost unsafe in certain lighting conditions. I got the 14 way seats but generally think the base seats are comfortable and fit my body well. Only way to tell is sit in both. If your wife will be driving it and she is a different size, the memory function is nice, otherwise no big deal. Black looks best but hard to keep clean. I find if I buy a car in the winter, I get black; in the summer, I get white. Good luck. I didn't even know a manual trans was an option besides the old GTS model.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

Thanks for the replies...helpful. I'm struggling with the Luxor beige choice - a part of me really likes and then I think the interior looks monochromatic. Ditching my Q7 s-line with black interior and looking for something different. Very limited color options in base models with manual trans at dealers.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

my 2011 cayenne was luxor beige interior.. almost instantly the leather started to stain from denim and belts... when i sold, it was to the point where porsche was embarrassed and offered to swap the seat cover on driver side for new owner... my brown leather belt left a brown mark where i sat everyday and denim left blue stains that could not be removed.. i was ultra **** about upkeep but still any scuff was permanent..

my next cayenne, a 2012 i did a two tone black/blue and it never showed anything besides a little sand and lint on the carpets..

in the future with my experience, i would never order luxor beige.. also the new "platinum grey" is far too light for my taste and fear it would behave the same way...

my luxor beige was the standard 8 way WITHOUT full leather interior so it's actually "stamped" emobossed leather... meaning "fake".. this might be why the leather scuffed so easily.. my 2012 i did full leather which did feel much nicer.. my qualms with the staining might be from the "embossed" leather but the interior still did scuff easily.. way too easily.

as far as manual v6's... are you finding many, i never seem to see any at all. and never one in person.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took delivery of a 2013 Cayenne in late December. Silver over Black. The sales person asked me if I wore Jeans, which I frequently do, and directed me towards Black. I'm very happy I did that.

I really like the 14 way seats, and the leather is nicer. Since I wanted nav and backup, that made Premium Plus a no-brainer.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

Does black interior work well in very hot climate? I am afraid it absorbs heat and black make you feel hot?

I chose beige interior with black outside for S.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

So finalized my decision making...thanks for the input. Here's what I found to buy:

'12 V6 $6k mi.
Dark Blue Metallic w/ Luxor Beige
14-way seats w mem
running boards
PASM
PTV Plus
Walnut Interior
Moonrof
Premium Package Plus
Bose Audio Package
19" turbo II wheels

and of course the difficult to find manual transmission

would have really liked the roof rails and the pano but couldnt pass up the price on this one. Will look to add expresso mats and wood steering wheel to help break up monochromic interior.

weigh in and again, thanks for the input...first Porsche (woo hoo)
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Congratulations!

My base V6 is my first Porsche as well. Have enjoyed every minute of the 17 month experience so far!

Your choice sounds like an excellent build, especially since you had to find it, and didn't order it.

What was the price? Was it really 6,000 miles?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

yeah, $6k mi...hard to figure but the car checks out. $56k. best price with these options that i found nationally

Quick Reply: Can't decide as usual