Sponsored by:

Actual 2013 value?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Actual 2013 value?

Anyone have a good source for actual value of 2013 Cayennes (specifically the Diesel)?

My damn county is billing me now rather than rolling it into the first bill in April like we expected them to do. Because its a 2013 they are also listing its value as the full purchase price! While I'd like to believe I could flip it and not have any loss I think we all know that's not reality, but being bureaucrats I need something concrete to argue over.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 PM
chasz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel (VIN=AF2A2), base MSRP is $55,750.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM
kocsis
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 35 Posts

I would look at the Kelly Blue Book Value and show them the used price for the car.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It hasn't even been in the showrooms here for 4 months. I'd be amazed to find used book values yet. My state calls it a road tax, and charges it once immediately following sale. There are some variations, but on average it's about 6% of purchase price - and is paid upon initial registration. No tax - no plates. If it helps, I ordered my diesel with metallic paint, P+ package, Bose package, trailer package, tire upgrade. Sticker was $71k, I was taxed on $69,530. Each subsequent year another tax is levied at re-registration time, only this time it's based upon the current mil rate times book value.

But every state has their own taxation policy. Post your location, then consider advice coming from members living in your own state.

//greg//
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Yeap my state charges a tax at the sale (just plain sales tax), then the counties charge a property tax. My county is "nice" an splits the bill so you pay less painful bills twice a year instead of on horrifying bill once a year. The registration (can do one or two years) reoccurs, but is a flat fee.

Previously they've waited until the next billing cycle and then added in the extra amount (you pay for the upcoming period) which also means there should be some sales to reduce the value. At the full purchase price it's coming out to almost $200/month which is ridiculous in a few ways.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

that really stinks, im glad we dont get taxed that way in florida.

unfortunately no values are out for that car, when i had 2011 the values didn't show on KBB for a year after it came out..

you could try and trade it in and use that value to show them? not sure... i would never live in a state that charged me tax annually for an item bought... florida i rarely pay sales tax on vehicles at all because we get tax exemption for trade in's... 0% when you buy it and only $30/year or so to renew the registration.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Florida might be cheap taxwise, but I'll take the taxes over the old people and love bugs

Actually driving down there next week to see my "old people" for a week.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
Florida might be cheap taxwise, but I'll take the taxes over the old people and love bugs

Actually driving down there next week to see my "old people" for a week.
i think you said daytona prior? thats super old folk area... not everywhere is senor citizens... and love bugs are once a year... no state income tax is all year every year! ahhhh.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Nope, Lakeland.

Love bugs once a life time is too many times to run into those little paint ruiners. I quite literally had to repaint my Jag after driving down through them in the worst year they ha in decades. Nasty damn things.

Quick Reply: Actual 2013 value?