Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Loss - Boost doesn't go higher than 0.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Ender
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To try to answer your question about why it behaves the way it does. The small line on the diverter valve doe not really "control" the valve.

Under throttle, pressure from the turbo pushes against the valve from inside the intake pipe, trying to open the valve, the small line allows pressure from the turbo to the other side of the valve to help hold it closed.

When you let off the throttle, the pressure to the small hose is cut of, allowing the boost pressure in the intake hose to "overpower" the spring in the valve and open it.

Without the smaller line hooked up, the boost pressure overpowers the valve as soon as the pressure becomes greater than the spring can hold (without any help from the pressure in the small line.)

It's a combination of the spring in the valve, and the pressure from the small line that hold the valve closed. Disconnecting the small hose, removes the extra pressure holding the valve shut, and the spring is overpowered at a lower pressure.

This is designed this way to prevent an overboost situation should the hose become disconnected.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Daniel Simoes
4th Gear

Default Power loss boost doesn’t go higher then 0.4

Originally Posted by StabMe
Hey there!

I had a problem with my starter on 2007 Cayenne Turbo and the car stayed with a drained battery for a few days. When they finally fixed my starter, everything started to work great. Only after i drive for a few minutes, car losses half of its power and the boost gauge doesn't move past 0.4 mark. When i turn the car off and start again it work nicely for some time and then goes into a slow mode again.

Guys at the workshop say that it might be due to the loss of adaptations and that this kind of behavior should disappear once the car drive for 200-300 miles and re-educates itself.

Is it possible? Or should i start worrying and look for deeper into the problem? Among the faulty codes i have P1248, but this code has been ON for quite some time now and i have never had any problems with losing power.
Hey there
Stabme
how did you resolve your problem my 957 turbo s has exactly the same problems can u send info and pictures
Thanks
Old 06-24-2018, 10:26 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

OP is missing the PCV one-way check valve...
Old 09-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar issue, found this part https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/94810721950/

Does anyone have the 957 08 part number, or is it the same part
Old 04-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Daniel Simoes
4th Gear

Default Diverted valves

still with the same problem could it be one of the divertir valves if yes should I put OEM or aftermarkt
thanks
Originally Posted by Daniel Simoes
Hey there
Stabme
how did you resolve your problem my 957 turbo s has exactly the same problems can u send info and pictures
Thanks

Quick Reply: Power Loss - Boost doesn't go higher than 0.4