Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer installed hitch receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 AM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dealer installed hitch receiver? UPDATE and THANKS!

My new PIG goes back to the dealer today to have the factory hitch installed. My dealer, Brumos Porsche of Jacksonville, agreed to match pricing that was indicated here!

You people saved me some money as they "quoated" a price higher that what was indicated here.
----------------------------------------^^^
Anyone have the dealer install the factory receiver?

I have read the threads where people have removed their own rear bumper and installed a non-OEM hitch on their Cayenne but what to know if anyone has had the dealer do it. How much did they charge.

I likely should have had it done before delivery when they removed the rear bumper to install the Passport Radar/Laser system.

Need the hitch for transporting the bike and do not want to mount it on the roof.

My sales person is going to see if he can get a decent price

Last edited by GregGebhardt; 10-18-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered mine factory installed, so have no direct experience. But I've read folks tales of paying anywhere from $1100 to $1500 to have it done at their respective dealerships.
How much did you pay for the Passport by the way? They wanted $2400 for a K40 model RL360, and I told them thanks, but no thanks.

//greg//
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of those options to get up front for the $600 or so ... But you already know that

OE hitch is $1000 for parts, and 5-6h labour I beleive.

For after market, google "Curt Hitch Cayenne" as a start (less than $200). But when I was pondering getting mine up front, I think the consensus on the forums (and I may have resorted to Touareg forums) ... Was that it pales in comparison to the OE hitch, and many would not trust it, and could damage your chassis. If it is just for bikes, and you don't need the electrical, may be a cheap option installed at a trailer hitch shop.

The etrailer site even has an install video on a Touareg which may be similar, if you want to see what you would be getting into adventuring on your own.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Originally Posted by grohgreg
I ordered mine factory installed, so have no direct experience. But I've read folks tales of paying anywhere from $1100 to $1500 to have it done at their respective dealerships.
How much did you pay for the Passport by the way? They wanted $2400 for a K40 model RL360, and I told them thanks, but no thanks.

//greg//
PASSPORT 9500ci $2400 dealer installed. Worth every penny to me as all the sensors are hidden and it even jams laser. I had one on my LX570 and I swear on it.

I suspect over $1000, hopefully not over $1500. Inventory was not good here so my dealer found the closest that I wanted in Atlanta and they had to go and pick it up to bring back to Jacksonville, Fl.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
One of those options to get up front for the $600 or so ... But you already know that

OE hitch is $1000 for parts, and 5-6h labour I beleive.

For after market, google "Curt Hitch Cayenne" as a start (less than $200). But when I was pondering getting mine up front, I think the consensus on the forums (and I may have resorted to Touareg forums) ... Was that it pales in comparison to the OE hitch, and many would not trust it, and could damage your chassis. If it is just for bikes, and you don't need the electrical, may be a cheap option installed at a trailer hitch shop.

The etrailer site even has an install video on a Touareg which may be similar, if you want to see what you would be getting into adventuring on your own.
I have no time or desire to be pulling my bumper off!

Heck I do not even what THEM to pull it off but got to have the ability to move the bike at will. I will be keeping the Cayenne for a few years so it is well worth it to me.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The bumper removal is a piece of cake, the $165 curt will do the job fine for a bike carrier, see my 04 gallery (well when it works again )
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Took me all of 15 min with proper tools. Got it for the bike.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Tex94
Instructor

Had the dealer install for $1600 aftermarket inclusive of parts and labor. Should have ordered it on my build and saved $1000
Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Hoping my dealer, Brumos Porsche of Jacksonville, will treat me right. We will know soon as my salesman John Schaefer is working on twisting some arms!

I will let you all know if they come through!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 PM
freakdog
Intermediate

I just had it done last week -- $1450 total after 10% PCA discount. In Colorado.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Originally Posted by freakdog
I just had it done last week -- $1450 total after 10% PCA discount. In Colorado.
Thanks, I have forwarded this thread/URL to my sales person in Jacksonville.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Oz I ordered the factory hitch. There is a few hundred $ saving with local Hayman Reece hitch but not enough. Also needed some module to integrate the lights.
We have a higher nose weight regulation vs Europe, so the dealer supplies the hitch.
Sadly we can't get the electric fold out system.
Also with current models the car alarm integrates with the trailer wiring, which I also liked.

My mate with a 07 CS had to cut the bumper, it wasn't done well.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 AM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Thanks everyone
Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blazing928
In Oz I ordered the factory hitch. There is a few hundred $ saving with local Hayman Reece hitch but not enough. Also needed some module to integrate the lights.
We have a higher nose weight regulation vs Europe, so the dealer supplies the hitch.
Sadly we can't get the electric fold out system.
Also with current models the car alarm integrates with the trailer wiring, which I also liked.

My mate with a 07 CS had to cut the bumper, it wasn't done well.
Curious, I've seen the retractable hitches they use in Europe but they look to me like they wouldn't have the weight capacity our hitches have here in the states. What are the ratings for the Euro vs. US vs. AU hitches, anyone know?

Are the towing limits different between the EU/US/AU too?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the towing limits different between the EU/US/AU too?
------------------------------------------------------
Yes, i belive so, thats why the electric fold out hitch is NA in OZ
i think its 250kg/550lb?
any way the local dealer supplies the hitch upon arrival

Quick Reply: Dealer installed hitch receiver?