Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Exhaust for the Cayenne Diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 05:04 PM
ikegram
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Exhaust for the Cayenne Diesel?

Found the following video for the Hamann sport exhaust for the Cayenne diesel. I've received feedback that its compatible with the USA diesel. There are 2 versions on the Hamann web site, one that is spec'd as 'normal' sound and this one which is the sport exhaust. I curious to get any feedback for those users who've installed this on their CD's. It is not cheap…close to 5K but it sounds great. For those who've purchased this, I'm curious to know about installation, longevity /quality and whether there are any issues with in cabin droning. thx

Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

DAMN thats pretty damn great!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow!.. that sounds fanastic!.. Maybe if my ship comes in I'll bring a pair home.

Wonder if there's any 'drone' inside the car.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 PM
aznntowl2
AutoX

Group buy time
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder what it sounds like at 75mph when the wife is sitting there. I did some exhaust mods once on my tdi.. sounds effing mean.. loved it. But it was um KOOSERVILLE!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Hagel
AutoX

I love the sound, and have been looking for an exhaust for my Diesel, that would work with the US specs. Where did you find this would work with the US model?

Reason being, I took the car to my tuning company the other weekend, and when they got under it they were concerned with doing a full exhaust (2nd Cat Bypass) as the AdBlue (or whatever Porsche calls it) is being shot into the exhaust right before the 2nd Cat, then there are 2 sensors after the 2nd Cat (assuming one is an O2, the other probably something for the AdBlue). Because of this, they suggested only doing a muffler / tip replacement until more systems had been tested on US cars.

I'd find it hard to believe they received this much of a sound upgrade with ONLY doing a muffler upgrade, but maybe I'm wrong

The exhaust is the only thing I'm not LOVING on my Diesel, everything else about the car is great... I just wish it was a little louder. I might be interested in a group buy if I we had confirmation this would go on a US Diesel without any issues.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
ikegram
Track Day

Regarding this exhausts compatibility with the US spec Diesel. I contacted Hamann's US distributor Exotica Motorsports. Jason Godsil answered my very same question and confirmed its compatibility. Here is their web site:

http://www.exotica-motorsports.com/
Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Hagel
AutoX

Originally Posted by ikegram
Regarding this exhausts compatibility with the US spec Diesel. I contacted Hamann's US distributor Exotica Motorsports. Jason Godsil answered my very same question and confirmed its compatibility. Here is their web site:

http://www.exotica-motorsports.com/
That's great news... When we getting a group buy together

Quick Reply: Great Exhaust for the Cayenne Diesel?