Performance chip for the 3.2 V-6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 07:43 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
Save your money for repairs!

It's a truck. It hauls stuff. If you want to haul ***, get a sports car!
Technically it is an SUV, and yes it does. That's a great attitude as long as you can accept that your place will be behind me, in your "sportscar". And when the curves come you might be able to pass the Trackhawk that's been following me too.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 994 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by J'sWorld
Technically it is an SUV, and yes it does. That's a great attitude as long as you can accept that your place will be behind me, in your "sportscar". And when the curves come you might be able to pass the Trackhawk that's been following me too.
If your SUV can pull better than about 4 seconds to 60mph, than you do deserve praise. However, it's just not the same thing as driving a Porsche GT car.

Besides, the original poster has a V6, same as mine, and there is no practical way to turn it into a high performance Cayenne, short of selling/trading it for an S or Turbo. It is what it is — an SUV that drives well.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 254 Posts

Yes, 4700 lbs of nice truck, with a real transfer case. Our 997 is an actual sports car. Got the Cayenne afterwards, after testing many SUV brands. Base V6, love it as much as anything I ever owned.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:29 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
If your SUV can pull better than about 4 seconds to 60mph, than you do deserve praise. However, it's just not the same thing as driving a Porsche GT car.

Besides, the original poster has a V6, same as mine, and there is no practical way to turn it into a high performance Cayenne, short of selling/trading it for an S or Turbo. It is what it is — an SUV that drives well.
Thank you and I agree! Takes a lot of muscle and commitment to throw a Cayenne at a corner like that and if you don't you will just end up with an push and understeer. Vr6 is actually a really awesome motor. I doubt there would be any weight savings but you could pick up a bunch of room to fab/work with that engine. I'm thinking- a set of killer coilovers, built engine, single turbo.......

Would surely be much much cheaper and easier than building the v8 and there is plenty of support. I'm a dreamer
Old 07-04-2023, 05:24 PM
mail4et
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I am an owner of a 2004 Cayenne base model 3.2 (6-speed). it's a great car as I use it mainly for my weekly long distance business trip. I have to drive about 250km (500km round trip) weekly for work once a week. The car is now at about 160,000km on the dial and everything still runs very well. It's been very reliable and I honestly haven't had too many problem.

I want to see if it's possible to swap the 3.2 engine to the 4.5 engine of the same generation to give it a more powerful engine. I honestly have no compliant of the car and I love it so much but just want a bit more power to enjoy my weekly drive.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Cheers
Eric
Old 07-04-2023, 05:33 PM
rechtien
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mail4et
Hi all,

I am an owner of a 2004 Cayenne base model 3.2 (6-speed). it's a great car as I use it mainly for my weekly long distance business trip. I have to drive about 250km (500km round trip) weekly for work once a week. The car is now at about 160,000km on the dial and everything still runs very well. It's been very reliable and I honestly haven't had too many problem.

I want to see if it's possible to swap the 3.2 engine to the 4.5 engine of the same generation to give it a more powerful engine. I honestly have no compliant of the car and I love it so much but just want a bit more power to enjoy my weekly drive.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Cheers
Eric
Cheaper to sell it and buy a Cayenne S.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:25 AM
tomhartzell
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

If you haven't tried turning PSM off once the engine is warm, that usually makes a Cayenne a lot more responsive.

Quick Reply: Performance chip for the 3.2 V-6?