Sponsored by:

New Cayenne Diesel On Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
dochusar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Cayenne Diesel On Order

After 6 months of driving my base V6 Cayenne, I traded in my truck for a diesel version. I test drove the diesel and fell in love with the torque and acceleration. It felt like the 8 cyl vehicle. There was no smell or knock. I got up to 100 mph with minimal effort in a two mile sprint.

It is an October build

2013 Cayenne Diesel

White/Black
Premium Plus Package
- 14 way seats
- PDLS
- Heated and Ventilated Seats
- 8 speed transmission
- Lane Change Assist
- Navigation
- Dimming mirrors
Bose
Pano roof
Old 09-03-2012, 03:05 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to a small but clearly growing group of diesel enthusiasts. I've been driving them since the 80s, and just picked up my own CD 5 days ago.

//greg//
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am driving one this week. I said in another post that I currently drive an X5 d, so I will report back. Seems like this is the one to get!

PS Congrats to you both!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
PN Cal
Intermediate

I also got mine last weekend. So far, only 300 miles, but an average of 35 mpg. Still, it is a lot of fun to drive. Only one thing I would change, the media system. The sound is good, even with the normal system, but if you compare to BMW, Audi or Mercedes, the media option lack behind (no hard drive, no video, etc.). Navigation is nice, though. I am already in love with the small display in the dashboard in addition to the normal screen.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Congratulations!
Here's to many miles of happy motoring!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by PN Cal
I also got mine last weekend. So far, only 300 miles, but an average of 35 mpg. Still, it is a lot of fun to drive. Only one thing I would change, the media system. The sound is good, even with the normal system, but if you compare to BMW, Audi or Mercedes, the media option lack behind (no hard drive, no video, etc.). Navigation is nice, though. I am already in love with the small display in the dashboard in addition to the normal screen.
As far as the lack of hard drive is concerned, a flash drive serves the same purpose, is cheaper, and very easy to sync with your itunes library. If you have different drivers in your family, it's easy to swap the flash drives for personal preference. In addition, hard drives can be sensitive to road vibration -- I know my CD changer is.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to Porsche website, starting Nov 2012, Cayenne PCM will include hard drive for music storage, album art/cd cover display will also be possible.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 AM
YRUNVS
Advanced

TGED, would you provide the specific link to the Porsche website so I can read it as well. If indeed true this will be a great, but an "about time (!)", addition to the audio system. I mean you have been able to get this in a entry level Ford for several years and Porsche does not have it! Absurd!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by YRUNVS
TGED, would you provide the specific link to the Porsche website so I can read it as well. If indeed true this will be a great, but an "about time (!)", addition to the audio system. I mean you have been able to get this in a entry level Ford for several years and Porsche does not have it! Absurd!
How long did it take Porsche to include Bluetooth in their systems?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
YRUNVS
Advanced

BT was another late comer? Not surprised! TGED - I found the reference about the PCM hard drive on the Porsche web site. Thanks Doug

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Diesel On Order