Sponsored by:

Model 2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey WFBlue,
Do you envisage a version of Greece in China (economically speaking)?
What a scary thought that is!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very different socio-economic factors at play: One of world largest population, vs relatively small population. Massive production infrastructure, vs olive oil and feta cheese. A book could be written ...

But as different as those two societies are, they have one thing in common ... and here is where we come full circle and back on topic ... Their love for Cayennes!!!

We all know by now that China is one of the biggest markets in the world for Cayennes based on total volume.

But did you know that Greece is the world largest per capita buyer of Cayennes?
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...-euro-incomes/
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Another spec change. Porsche seems to have settled on the 26.4 gallon fuel tank as standard for the base Cayenne in the US market. The website has been updated to reflect this change. My owners manual still shows the 22.4 gallon tank as standard, but I appear to have gotten the larger capacity tank in my recently delivered 2013.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also got the larger tank "standard" on a 2013 Canadian model. Even though the overall specifications still say it is optional, while the "build your car" says its standard on the Canadian web site.

Another detailed catch on one of the Diesel topic threads says the Porsche documentation states 7 and 8th gear is locked out in sports mode, all the way up to the top speed of the vehicle. While for 2013: sports mode, when engaged, reverts to regular mode shifting (i.e. will creep back up to 7 and 8th gear after several minutes of relaxed driving) if you don't "push it" ... and then returns to sport mode (6 and under) when you drive aggressively again. I can confirm the later 2013 behaviour on my V6.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
Additional commentary:
A visit to China is eye opening. It will give a new perspective to the so called Euro crisis, and you can quickly get a visualization of why Germany is so far ahead economically in the EU, and leaving the other countries in their dust. Get on the road from the airport in a well-to-do Chinese city such as Shanghai or Beijing, and one thing immediately strikes the eye: A traffic jam full of fine German automobiles as far as the eye can see. And I am not talking about the cheap stuff … S-class, 5 series, and A6 counts for a major part of the traffic Audi A6 is insanely popular as it is the car of government officials (society role-models), and are locally produced in joint venture factories. Those laughable Chinese cars, well honestly, I did not see many of them.
Most are all S280L, 525L and A6L 2.4.... Still they cost close to USD $100K

Quick Reply: Model 2013