Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my cayenne fling has officially come to its end.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 901 Posts

My shortest ownership experience was an Alfa Romeo. I will (probably) never own another Italian car.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by s4treg
Is this first hand knowledge?
LOL! No, not at all. I just watch plenty of movies.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy E.
The Cayenne is much like an expensive prostitute. It will give you a lot of pleasure but it will also cost you. The Japanese SUV can be compared to your first date. Not much to look at but reliable in the end.
...NOW I remember! Good point!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
silvercayenneS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adman - I have gone through the same thing the last couple cars: Reliable car > M3 > Reliable car > Cayenne... the M3 and Cayenne have collectively needed thousands in repairs, but I know if I go back to a reliable car, I will miss the grin that you mentioned and it will cost me more money to switch back and forth rather than just stick it out. Good luck. You'll be back!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have done a lot of car swapping myself and paid for the privilege. Thats why this time I bought my cayenne at a price point that I can afford a few unexpected repairs and still get my rocks off.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchasing a Beta out of warranty.............. at 4 months you made a wise decision......
Most Betas when traded before factory warranty expired ended up in Russia....
Sellers got a premium over the trade-in value in the USA.. buyers would ship them to the motherland...
so, those left here in the USA tend to be cheap because the pro's know the problems but those
who want to own a Porsche for the first time don't do all their due diligence on '03 (alphas) or '04 (betas) because of the power of the brand..... AdMan!

As the Knight said to Indiana, "you have chosen wisely" by selling it. Newer Cayenne or get a 6 year old 911 with the Certifed Porsche warranty.... that toddler fits in the back!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

I have had two cayennes an 04 ct and the 2006 turbo s and beyond regular maintenance I have been around 600 dollars thats on the 06 the 04 was even less. It was also just price of parts donr all my own work except for recalls. Goodluck with the 4 runner should be no worries there I bet does it have the "party" tailgate sound system ?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

What is the price for the wheels ?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Nothing wrong with the 4runner, one of the best SUV out there, very comfortable, strong and reliable, same as my Lexus GX460 which shares its chassis, suspension, blah, blah, with the 11' 4runner
I hate to admit that for a DD I prefer my Lexus to my 11'CS.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:46 PM
AdMan21
Racer

thanks for all of the encouragement on my decision to move forward. Indeed the 4 Runner does have a "party mode" allowing all of the audio to go to the rear for tailgating. I also love that I can roll down the rear hatch window with the push of a button. Thursday I pick up my first goodies for the truck, huskyliner rubber mats for the front and rear, as it didn't come with all weather mats.

It's true that I didn't do a ton of homework before getting the Porsche. It passed a PPI and was just so clean with only 69k miles on it that i thought I may have found a gem. I was just gambling on this one and losing, with a bad feeling, so I decided to cash out.

My wife said she never wants another Porsche...so a little later on I will have to convince her..it won't be cheap...probably a few carats....... I will be back, but maybe in a Panamera if I'm lucky.

good news is my insurance went down 200 bones every year. Yay!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
AdMan21
Racer

oh and the wheels are sold, sorry about that...they went quick!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AdMan21
thanks for all of the encouragement on my decision to move forward. Indeed the 4 Runner does have a "party mode" allowing all of the audio to go to the rear for tailgating. I also love that I can roll down the rear hatch window with the push of a button. Thursday I pick up my first goodies for the truck, huskyliner rubber mats for the front and rear, as it didn't come with all weather mats.

It's true that I didn't do a ton of homework before getting the Porsche. It passed a PPI and was just so clean with only 69k miles on it that i thought I may have found a gem. I was just gambling on this one and losing, with a bad feeling, so I decided to cash out.

My wife said she never wants another Porsche...so a little later on I will have to convince her..it won't be cheap...probably a few carats....... I will be back, but maybe in a Panamera if I'm lucky.

good news is my insurance went down 200 bones every year. Yay!
Panamera is a sweet ride. 2 kids seat fit perfectly. Even the base handles awesome!

We sold a Landrover and bought a Porsche. My wife said I will stick with Porsche, I agree.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AdMan21

edited
I find it hard to believe more people don't complain about the non-opening rear window on the newer P!gs, I use the daylights out of mine. It's one feature I just don't see giving up when it comes time to replace the '06.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

It is nice that you are enjoying your new ride so quickly
Congrats on the future arrival
Taking a break from Porsche now,will allow you to come back to it even stronger
All the best in your coming endeavors
My experience with the 2011 CT has been nothing but positive
Picked it up at the factory in germany,and from the start,for the first 4000 miles..I drove it harder than 99.9% of owners do...and the only issue I ever had was a flat tire( did not even have to add oil) I have driven 4500 miles at a normal pace(except for the occasional run)since I have been back in the US..
In all 8500 flawless miles,which is what I wish upon everyone...
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by barrios35
Panamera is a sweet ride. 2 kids seat fit perfectly. Even the base handles awesome!

We sold a Landrover and bought a Porsche. My wife said I will stick with Porsche, I agree.
That is strategic thinking ^^^^

Set the reliability bar so low that a Cayenne looks like a Toyota WRT reliability.

Quick Reply: my cayenne fling has officially come to its end.