^^^

We are? How so?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaT

Realistically, 115-125mph is all the faster you can really expect to drive in Germany in a Cayenne on a normal day. The car is just too heavy to drive faster, as are paying the fines .
Fixed.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
^^^

We are? How so?
I dont know at least on the west coast... i feel like there are lots of backroads without a lot of heat.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Nhirsch
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

we finished a ED trip May 18-Jun 3. Covered 2400 miles, 7 countries. see: http://eurpor.blogspot.com

BTW, when I got back, I received in the mail a speeding ticket in Switzerland for 1km over the speed limit. 50km/hr limit. doing 54km/hr, 3km/hr tolerance, net=1km over speed limit. 32 euro fine but will instead ask to be extradited back to Switzerland to face trial. They just need to send me plane ticket.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=50km/hr limit. doing 54km/hr, 3km/hr tolerance, net=1km over speed limit. .[/QUOTE]

We have the same joy here in Victoria. Australia - the nanny state!

Considering the ADR [aust design rules] allow a 10% variation,[ however the speedo must always read high], you get more than that due to tyre wear on a big chunky tyre.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jerry joseph
Hi Tom
I have had 3 european deliveries
2 for 997tts in Zuffenhausen(Stuttgart) and the last one in Leipzig for my 2011 CT
I payed extra all 3 times,but now its free

Included is 15 days of European registration,insurance and roadside assistance
..with you paying for any additional time(up to 6 months) at a cost of about US1200$ per month
For any Porsche aficionado,visiting the place where your car is designed and built feels a little bit like coming home
The welcome in Leipzig turns into a very fun day
First you meet your car,then a driver takes you around their track for a few fast(or "hot" as they like to say)laps...with their youngest(and most talented)driver even fond of asking right away:"do you enjoy drifting?"
Then your driver takes you around their impressive off road track(about 16 miles)
Afterwards you head up to their panoramic restaurant(view of the tracks and grounds) for a delicious lunch
Then you are invited for personalized factory tour(mine lasted almost 4 hrs!)
And last but not least,being able to hit the Autobahn right after with your car feels priceless
Her's a pic of my CT in front of the iconic Porsche Leipzig customer center/shop/restaurant/museum

Jerry or Resp and others who have been - what do you say to budget for a week to 10 days there - $5,000 air and hotels, or $10,000 or .... well you know . We would probably have to look at 10 days with both kids and horses and all of that back here.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TR
I usually take Air Berlin strait from Miami to Berlin,then 2 hours by train to Leipzig
Some of the cheapest flights to Germany,especially if you book early
I figure it would run you between 400 and 800$ a day
My step father is German,residing in Berlin and has travelled extensively in his country,so I would be happy to recommend some places to go to and suggest an itinerary...
One thing Germany has,that kids might like are some impressive castles
Name:  DSC01334.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  183.0 KB
Name:  DSC01392.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  192.0 KB
Attached Images   
Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

I believe Jerry Joseph has the best advice to give.

Our trip wasn't too expensive as we spent some time in and around Prague
(less expensive than most of Europe, but beautiful country and people.)

Depending on the class of travel you are planning, $400 or more per day will treat you pretty well!

Go and see the Nurbergring for the Wow! factor. Seeing such a mix of road going vehicles on a race track is pretty impressive.
Lots of good souvenirs as well

Love that picture of the castle in the pano roof Jerry!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Nhirsch
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
That explains where the $3K number comes from but as you pointed out, that isn't supposed to be passed along to the customer. There must be some way that the dealer is compensated for this.....
The dealer is compensated by getting an additional allotment of a car so they make whatever profit on yours plus additional on the extra car.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jerry,

On that spectacular photo of the panorama sunroof …

I remember running into that photo after searching for information on that option many months ago, before ordering my Cayenne. I immediately called my wife over to check it out, and there was no turning back ... we absolutely needed to get the panorama after seeing that view! Even though we tried very hard to keep the options to an absolute minimum, you screwed our plan!

I even went back to looking at that photo a few times while day-dreaming about my future Cayenne during that painful long wait!

Now that I have the car, I am very glad we got the panorama as one of our very few options. It really makes the interior! I guess I have your photo to thank!

Porsche dealers should make a poster out of it, I am sure they will double their sales of this option!

thanks for posting these photos ...
Old 08-22-2012, 04:10 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
Jerry,

On that spectacular photo of the panorama sunroof …

I remember running into that photo after searching for information on that option many months ago, before ordering my Cayenne. I immediately called my wife over to check it out, and there was no turning back ... we absolutely needed to get the panorama after seeing that view! Even though we tried very hard to keep the options to an absolute minimum, you screwed our plan!

I even went back to looking at that photo a few times while day-dreaming about my future Cayenne during that painful long wait!

Now that I have the car, I am very glad we got the panorama as one of our very few options. It really makes the interior! I guess I have your photo to thank!

Porsche dealers should make a poster out of it, I am sure they will double their sales of this option!

thanks for posting these photos ...
Most welcome,and sorry for screwing up your plan so well
In all honesty,it is one of the reasons i took and shared the pics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle
Felt like trying to drive as close as possible to it,however the main road up is blocked off to cars way at the bottom..but I noticed a riding path,so I decided to explore...and actually ended up right by the castle gates! to the surprise of the gate guard,who was nice enough to open them so I could turn around
It was a fun break from autobahn driving
Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Jerry, I am confused. That is not Neuschwanstein.

That looks to be Hohenzollern (not so far from Stuttgart) but could be many that look similar. However, the one picture with your Cayenne is not Neuschwanstein.

And honestly, Neurschwanstein isn't really worth the drive....

Burg Eltz is the one to see....

Hohenzollern is not bad either...

But on a side note. On friday afternoons, I am available to take delivery of anyones porsche that wants me to pick it up for them and make sure it works over the weekend....
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Originally Posted by DanaT
Jerry, I am confused. That is not Neuschwanstein.

That looks to be Hohenzollern (not so far from Stuttgart) but could be many that look similar. However, the one picture with your Cayenne is not Neuschwanstein.

And honestly, Neurschwanstein isn't really worth the drive....

Burg Eltz is the one to see....

Hohenzollern is not bad either...

But on a side note. On friday afternoons, I am available to take delivery of anyones porsche that wants me to pick it up for them and make sure it works over the weekend....
Ooops,my bad
They do look alike
It is the Hohenzollern castle,thanks for pointing it out
The drive up to the gates taking the paths through the forrest was neat and a pleasant break from the Autobahn
Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grüetzi Dana,

Are you telling me Jerry (or Pepper09TT or whatever his true identity is), not only screwed up my plans, but he did so by deceiving me with the wrong castle?

I will never look at my panorama roof the same way!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
Grüetzi Dana,

Are you telling me Jerry (or Pepper09TT or whatever his true identity is), not only screwed up my plans, but he did so by deceiving me with the wrong castle?

I will never look at my panorama roof the same way!
Guilty as charged

Quick Reply: European delivery