New 957 owner...couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Cordachine
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 957 owner...couple questions

Hello all

I have been lurking for a few weeks and have decided to come into the light. I love the board and all the info floating around. I bought an 08 Turbo 35k miles. The trucks in great shape, but it's too quiet! Here comes my questions:

1. I can't figure out how to get the compass to show up on my gauge cluster!! I looked all over that book I found in the glove box, and it shows pictures of the compass, but not how to turn it on...

2. Secondary cat delete: Leistung or Fabspeed? Ive seen guys running both and I don't see much difference between them. Considering this mod is basically two almost straight pipes, what else would be different?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:38 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist.

in answer to your questions

1 - This was either an option that your car came with, (is you PM me the VIN number I can look that up) or it was not and retrofit requires hardware and Firmware changes, $$$

2 - I have used Fabspeed, I am sure they are all similar. You may want to consider a bigger change to get the noise up
Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have first hand experience but the leistung one can be had with a small resonator built in that supposedly mitigates a metallic raspiness that can result from the delete.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Cordachine
8th Gear

Has anybody heard of performance benefits more on one than another?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:17 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't know if there is any performance benefit, but my Fabspeed has worked well with increase in the exhaust note. Cruising along one does not hear any difference, get on the gas pedal and you hear it!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Cordachine
8th Gear

How about Sharkwerks?? Anything better/worse than the two I'm already looking at?

This seems to be more of a personal preference than quality/performance gains from one vs another...
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

I installed the Leistung unit last week and it does sound better when you get on it. Can't hear a significant difference at normal driving. I know cause my wife has not complained. I did not get the resonator version, just the standard. It does have a mettalic rattle at 2800-3500 or so RPM. Outside of every nut being rusted it was OK to install. Getting some of the nuts off was a complete PITA. Get a dremel with lots of blades and invest in Irwin nut extractors prior to starting the project. There is not a lot of room to work with and I would have found it almost impossible to do the job had I not lifted one side of the pepper on jack stands.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Cordachine
8th Gear

Thanks for the help Little Green! If your wife didn't complain, I'm hoping mine won't either lol.

I hope by rusty nuts, you are referring to those on the PiG not any that may have came from Leistung. Please clarify just for my reference.

Quick Reply: New 957 owner...couple questions