Sponsored by:

Need laptop software/cable for reading/resetting codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by seankrider
Uh, you and me both. So how do we remedy this - just find a shop, pay, plug in, and download some firmware upgrade...??

(I feel like the kid that didn't go to the dentist for 5 years...)
If you want to split hairs and save 30 bucks............most dealers, mine in dallas did this.......will charge you 150 bucks for a light bulb or cabin filter change, every time they service the car.....they do a "complimentary" update to PIWIS.

You may call ahead to ask what they charge for a PIWIS hook up alone, then call back and state....hmmmm, I have a ! sign, when you fix it up, will you also run an update? Just remove a light bulb and play dumb.

30 bucks saved .

I would call any import shop around town asking if they have PIWIS and what they charge to hook it up, (do you have a pending service you cannot perform) is it complimentary to hook it up to PIWIS if you have said service performed there?

Thats usually how both dealer and repair shops will work.

Reading up on how this works..........its also returning information on Cayenne itself too Porsche for their records..........but Redlines apparently are not recorded in Cayennes or other models on the durametric link I read above.

Quick Reply: Need laptop software/cable for reading/resetting codes