Sponsored by:

Warning Regarding Porsche of Annapolis!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't let emotion drive the decision.
The X5 won't be as enjoyable in the long term.
But if your wife is the decider, you will just have to go along.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't blame you for being pissed about it. I had a simiar situation at a dealer in NC but I never took the trip down there from NY. I had a deal on a preowned Turbo and they wouldn't call me back after I left several messages and then I learned they sold it from under me. I spoke to the salesmanager no less than 20 times, it's hard to believe he forgot to call. There is an advantage to buying close to home but buying preowned you have to find what you want and in every case for me it has been outside my trading area. Other than the NC dealer all have worked out ok. As others indicated, the credit card deposit helps.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
mickey6
Instructor

I bought my certified 996 4 hours away from me from a Porsche dealership. Once I found out the exact car I wanted and the options I liked, I called them and asked if they can hold it and they did. We were in touch for 3 days off and on and I even asked them to get me approved for financing as I will not have time to spend 3 hours with paperwork.

I walked in, it was exactly as described and I was out in 20 minutes. The 996 still bring a smile to my face after 4+ years.

I picked up the 2012 Cayenne 958 similarly from Porsche of Tysons. The saleperson did say someone was pre-approved for this model but since you are already here and we knew the options etc, we were done quickly. Money talks! To be safe, always put a deposit is my suggestion.

Salesmen are generally jerks
Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
POA_eCare
1st Gear

Dear "Shark715",

My name is Sherry and I am writing on behalf of the management team at Johnson Automotive, the parent company of Porsche of Annapolis. We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had at our dealership. The treatment you encountered is not the way we strive to do business, and we would very much like to speak with you offline about the incident and try to make it up to you and your wife in some way.

If you could please contact me at "ecare@johnsonautomotivecenter.com" with your contact information, we would like to promptly apologize and see if there is anything we can do to compensate for your time and efforts and redeem ourselves. Thank you very much, and again, our apologies.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ Good for them (PofA).
Old 12-05-2011, 05:58 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by s4for5
I'm sure some may not agree but I think "you snooze you lose" applies here.
If you went through all that research and discussion before the trip you should have given them a credit card deposit over the phone and locked up the car until you arrived.
Dealerships have several salespeople, any one of which could have fielded a dozen calls about the same vehicle.
They don't exactly share information amongst each other and are often in competitive sales contests to sell cars.
Not to mention the number of callers who say they are coming down to see a vehicle and never show up.
Money talks, the first person to put down a deposit gets the car.
Sorry you went through all that drama and yes, the manager should have at least showed his face but next time use that credit card.
This man speaks the truth.

It's sad and unfortunate to hear your story but : if only you knew the amount of people that call "just for fun" and say that are interested you'd be surprised!Unfortunately you are paying for other's"mistake".
From now on put a conditional deposit, is refundable. You say you must see the cat before you buy it, for example.

Whatever happens, happens for a reason. So maybe that GTS wasn't the one
Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
^^^ Good for them (PofA).
I agree, management can't fix problems if no one complains and in the era of the internet and forums, a bad rep is a killer for the business. Customers make the reputation for the dealer...Hope they patch things up.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to see the dealer step up, but not sure what they can do now. Maybe search for another GTS?

I can only imagine the amount of "buyers" that the dealership has to handle on a daily basis. I put down a returnable deposit before I do the PPI.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:51 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POA_eCare
Dear "Shark715",

My name is Sherry and I am writing on behalf of the management team at Johnson Automotive, the parent company of Porsche of Annapolis. We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had at our dealership. The treatment you encountered is not the way we strive to do business, and we would very much like to speak with you offline about the incident and try to make it up to you and your wife in some way.

If you could please contact me at "ecare@johnsonautomotivecenter.com" with your contact information, we would like to promptly apologize and see if there is anything we can do to compensate for your time and efforts and redeem ourselves. Thank you very much, and again, our apologies.
Good move.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
black pepper
4th Gear

Good on the dealer for it.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
JakarM
7th Gear

I'm happy to see that Johnson Automotive actually cares to make things right.

Now if only Sonic Automotive would do the same for Momentum Porsche here down in Houston. I got crappy service (wait, there wasn't any real service) there when buying my 2012 cayenne. We made a deal (pricing, dealer fee stuff, etc.) when I placed my order on the car. When it arrived they wouldn't honor it. Ugh. I wouldn't have bought if I knew they wouldn't honor it. AND they had my deposit so it was too late to back out. I felt scammed. Yes, they often lie and treat their customers like dog poo. Maybe I should do what "shark715" did.

I took their plate frame off and sold it for scrap metal. Got $2 AND got better service/ respect at the scrap plant.
For everybody: STAY AWAY FROM MOMENTUM PORSCHE.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
its about time...
Instructor

hey, I'm brand new here (just got my car) and I had to comment. I know the car business can be tough, but there are always good people out there. I don't know the trick in finding them; I just seem to stumble onto them. I had decided on a Boxster RS60 and there were several available around the country. I liked the one at Porsche Annapolis and started talking to a salesman there. I had never purchased a car long distance before and I had lots of questions. I quickly noticed that he would never pick up my calls or respond to morning voicemails before the next day. After several days of this, I looked around some more, found another car ar Park Place Porsche, and Jeff Clairmont there was everything the first guy wasn't. Responsive, frank, and did things when he said he would. I don't know how far Dallas is from Houston (I live in the other end or the country), but I'd recomend Park Place and Jeff.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Membered up with the first post. Good job.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
Membered up with the first post. Good job.
Geez Divot! The guy's only made one post and you're already talking about his member.....
Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

^ The P!g Pen isn't for the squeamish. I'll wait until his second post to let him know how to hide the member.

Quick Reply: Warning Regarding Porsche of Annapolis!