Sponsored by:

Help Needed: Hardwire DRL's for 2005 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

If you are dead-set on wiring in DRLs, then there is a jump-start post under the hood that connects directly to the battery. I'm sure you can find +12V somewhere around that post.

For switched 12V, you can probably find an open fuse slot in the fuse box under the hood.

I'm still confused why you don't take it to the dealer and have them activate this feature on the car..... It already exists in the car's software and is a simple thing. I'm sure most would do it for free since it is a safety function.

If you are trying to achieve some sort of aesthetic then more power to you.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDemon
deilenberger, that's exactly what i was looking for. i'n not obsessed or do i really want to run the hardwire needlessly....hahah

i know the location you are talking about (battery jump point), but i didn't see were to "tap" in on that area.

do you have a pic or a diagram of how i can connect the + and - in that area.

thanks
No photos - but I suspect some poking around will turn up a way to do it (after disconnecting the battery(ies..)) There has to be a cable bolted to the jump point - so you'll likely need a BIG-***(tm) "eye" to connect your tiny wire.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
RedDemon
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scott c, yes, for aesthetic as well as safety. dealer wants to charge $$$$$ to turn it on, but i still have to install the h/w itself so might as well do it all myself.....

deilenberger, just wanted to narrow down where to poke around....

thanks all......any other info. is always welcome.....

Quick Reply: Help Needed: Hardwire DRL's for 2005 Cayenne