Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ironically ... I have a confession to make.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xwxman
Have a 2012 Sand Yellow Cayenne that came in July 20. Lots of comments about the color. Will post
a picture when I learn how.

xwxman
Are we to assume the vehicle is still on the lot? If so, and if recent reports are true that it's extreemly difficult to find a unspoken-for 2012 Cayenne on any lot, and this Sand Yellow one is still there the end of Sept., I think that would say a lot about the kind of comments you're getting on it.

Of course there are a lot of assumptions on my part in this post.

I'm not Catholic so who sits in the other side of the confessional booth from the Pope? Of course that would assume the pope has something to confess.....

Old 09-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Every priest is allowed to hear the confession of anyone, including other priests or the Pope.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon
I was passing by Los Angeles's porsche dealer the other day and that yellow p!g caught my eye ....
Well, now we know what the demographic for this vehicle is ...

Have a 2012 Sand Yellow Cayenne that came in July 20. Lots of comments about the color. Will post
a picture when I learn how.

xwxman
... tick, ... tick, ... tick, ...

Originally Posted by Jordache183
Add Content
That's a Rennlist Mobile App aborted comment right there. Nice.

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Why do I suddenly have images of a strung-out Jennifer Connelly filling my head..?
Because your still coming down ..... a week later ....

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I'm not Catholic so who sits in the other side of the confessional booth from the Pope? Of course that would assume the pope has something to confess.....

Really ... we don't have enough time. Think about it ... just the 1600's ALONE! We all have our crosses to bear ... ¿N'est Pas?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Ok, while we're waiting for pictures of the Sand Yellow that's been sitting on the lot of some dealership for 3 months .... and now begging for a 'Highly Qualified Leasee' to set her free ...

What about the color 'Umber' .... has anybody got one or seen one in person? Is it really this brown, or is it more like 'Taupe' .. ? That's 'Cream/Umber' leather two tone in there, BTW .. what do you think? Natural Olive package??

Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
BTW ... have any of you fine people actually SEEN sand yellow up close and personal? and seriously .... if you check bright black trim, why does the rear hatch still have that big strip of aluminum across the lower edge? They can't annodize that?? For $88 THOUSAND????
back hatch trim is always the "chrome silver" unless car is black with black trim.

otherwise the piece is like $100 in black.

very easy to change,
Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rijowysock
back hatch trim is always the "chrome silver" unless car is black with black trim.

otherwise the piece is like $100 in black.

very easy to change,
Thanks, good to know. I mean, at these prices ... I want what I want, you know?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Ok, while we're waiting for pictures of the Sand Yellow that's been sitting on the lot of some dealership for 3 months .... and now begging for a 'Highly Qualified Leasee' to set her free ...

What about the color 'Umber' .... has anybody got one or seen one in person? Is it really this brown, or is it more like 'Taupe' .. ? That's 'Cream/Umber' leather two tone in there, BTW .. what do you think? Natural Olive package??

Umber beats the hell out of "I can't get the urine stain out" yellow.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Divot
Umber beats the hell out of "I can't get the urine stain out" yellow.
Divot ... I think you're holding back. We're all friends here, tell us what you REALLY think about that Sand Yellow color .. It's important, there's a LOT of donation money at stake here ....

.. More to chew on, for your consideration I give you Auburn over Cognac/Espresso (Mahogany)

Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Father, have you been STFF?

https://rennlist.com/forums/8035159-post10.html

And just for reference, here's a piece of my previous P!G in Carmon Red - http://www.pbase.com/image/86780379/original

No one should ever dare & call me a troll after all of the helpful information I'm providing!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Father, have you been STFF?

https://rennlist.com/forums/8035159-post10.html

And just for reference, here's a piece of my previous P!G in Carmon Red - http://www.pbase.com/image/86780379/original

No one should ever dare & call me a troll after all of the helpful information I'm providing!
Oh, Pops ... you know I haven't .. and I would be the LAST person to call anyone a troll ... I mean, just look at the mess I've got in Ireland! Can you tell I've had a little time on my hands today ..? Nice Wheels, BTW! Are those 'caps'? And, truth be known, I do like Carmon a lot, but I suspect your initial reactions are right, there might be a little 'poop in the p!gment' in Auburn. It's interesting, all these new colors look a little like products from the '50's, all muted and wierd ....
Old 09-28-2011, 11:16 AM
xwxman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sand yellow Cayenne has NOT been on the lot for 3 months..its been in my garage since July 20.

xwxman
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Sand yellow Cayenne has NOT been on the lot for 3 months..its been in my garage since July 20.

xwxman
Oops. Oh, for some reason .. (see post below ..) I thought you were a dealer. I guess Bill was right, too many assumptions. Hm. I'm such a Newb here ... do I smell briquette's smoldering ... ltc?? May I suggest Plum Sauce? I think I taste like pork :-)

Anyway, Congrat's on the new P!G and thanks for posting that picture Despite the many yellow haters here, I'm still a fan ... Where are you located BTW? I've asked Sonnen (closest dealer ..) to call me when they get a Sand Yellow one in so I can go see it in person. They're searching incoming inventory in other dealerships as well to see if there's one coming in that would be close enough to drive to and see ...

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Are we to assume the vehicle is still on the lot? If so, and if recent reports are true that it's extreemly difficult to find a unspoken-for 2012 Cayenne on any lot, and this Sand Yellow one is still there the end of Sept., I think that would say a lot about the kind of comments you're getting on it.

Of course there are a lot of assumptions on my part in this post.

Last edited by JPP; 09-30-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

xwxman
Humble apologies, it sounded like a dealer posting. Glad you enjoy it.

Color choices are very subjective, some like black or white, personally I prefer just about any color but black or white.

Welcome to the Pen.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I still think that color was borrowed from the Oscar Mayer company ... it's almost a perfect match.

Coincidence? I think not.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM
xwxman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Yellow Cayenne

We're located near OKlahoma City. Dealer here cannot recall ordering any model in that color, although there is a Sand Yellow Boxster they service.
Love the car, almost 5k so far with trips to Wisconsin and New Mexico. Only previous Porsche was a Signal Orange 914 1971-78.

xwxman

Quick Reply: Ironically ... I have a confession to make.