Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know there is no "Color to Sample" but the Cayenne only comes in 11 colors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I know there is no "Color to Sample" but the Cayenne only comes in 11 colors?

Black
Sand White
Black Metallic
Auburn Metallic
Classic Silver Metallic
Umber Metallic
Jet Green Metallic
Meteor Grey Metallic
Dark Blue Metallic
Amethyst Metallic
Sand Yellow

?

also, i have yet to see "sand white" in person but could someone explain the difference between Sand White and Carrera White? (online configuration it looks like dirty white, but the other pictures online of actual Sand White cars it looks Carrera White).. "Sand" refers to pearl maybe? i would think if Metallic White they would have called it that like the rest?

-Riley

Also if anyone knows of options that aren't on the online configuration i would love to hear them (interior colors, other options) dealer says the online mimics their ordering form, but there has to be some additional "exclusive options" not listed.. like stitching color maybe or other stuff?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Alichtenberg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion the Sand white in the configurator looks more like the cream white on the 911 but kinda in between I guess or either as you said, a dirty white. In real life pictures you are right, it does look more like Carrera white. I think overall though, it might be just a tad bit darker/creamier/dirtier, but that is just what I think it kinda looks like from some pictures.
Now I have also heard rumors of a baby blue color for the cayenne to be out in 1 or 2 years? That could be false because a lot of other people also say they never have heard that.
As to other options, I have no idea. I would say go up to a dealer and ask if there are any exclusive options or later options not present on the site IMO (like when they first had the new Cayenne up on the configurator, I know they did not have packages, such as premium package plus or sport package) or someone else could chime in.

-Alex
Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's some real life photos of the sand white:

http://www.stevenscreekporsche.com/d...w-5836236.html

It's also the same white colour as on the previous generation of the cayenne.

in person I did not notice any "warmness" to the colour, it just seemed like your basic white colour. not much metallic sparkle to it either.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone has real life photos of the Auburn Metallic?
Old 11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A more 'purer' white would make the Cayenne look like an elephant. Colors like "Grand Prix" or "Alpine" white look nice on small sports cars but horrible on larger vehicles.

Oddly enough, that hasn't stopped GM from using "Summit White" on the 2011 Tahoe.....
Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Andy E.
A more 'purer' white would make the Cayenne look like an elephant. Colors like "Grand Prix" or "Alpine" white look nice on small sports cars but horrible on larger vehicles.

Oddly enough, that hasn't stopped GM from using "Summit White" on the 2011 Tahoe.....
the Chevy off white is the WORST color ever!!!

im going to go meteor grey because I'm timid about the sand white... they should really change the configuration color it shows and explain the color better imo.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I just took delivery on my CS in Sand White. I think Andy got it right regarding he color. This particular shade of white works great on the CS. It's just slightly warm and shows the shine very well compared to a starker white color.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bill P.
FWIW, I just took delivery on my CS in Sand White. I think Andy got it right regarding he color. This particular shade of white works great on the CS. It's just slightly warm and shows the shine very well compared to a starker white color.
would you say its metallic white, or pearl white... or neither?

still have yet to see one in person...
Old 11-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

<i>would you say its metallic white, or pearl white... or neither?

still have yet to see one in person...</i>

Oh, neither, a smooth creamy look. I have owned 2 white 911s and this is my favorite white so far. This is all so subjective I'd suggest you try and find one near Tampa to look at. If you like white, I'd be surprised if you dont like the way this looks on the Cayenne.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:44 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Anyone has real life photos of the Auburn Metallic?

Well, allow me to share an answer to my own question after having seen this one in person earlier today.

Imagine Carmon Red. Add a dash of s-t to it, then some metallic et voila! You've got Auburn Metallic. This really is the best way to describe this color.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Well, allow me to share an answer to my own question after having seen this one in person earlier today.

Imagine Carmon Red. Add a dash of s-t to it, then some metallic et voila! You've got Auburn Metallic. This really is the best way to describe this color.
Pops, tell us how you really feel about the color!
BTW, whatever was in my mouth while reading your post ended up on the screen...
Old 11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

order was placed, i just went with meteor grey, i was leaning that way but kinda wanted white.. didn't want off white however..

i like the meteor grey better than the panamera grey... only seal grey wins out meteor in my mind.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Pops, tell us how you really feel about the color!
BTW, whatever was in my mouth while reading your post ended up on the screen...
Andy, once you'll see it in person, you'll realize that my description is spot on!

Quick Reply: I know there is no "Color to Sample" but the Cayenne only comes in 11 colors?