Sponsored by:

PCM3 hard reset

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Durak
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM3 hard reset

Hi, been searching the website for a hard reset for pcm 3.

Previously I had a Cayenne with pcm 2.1, I suffered a couple of problems and using this forum found the reset by holding 1+4+8, and it worked.
New car has pcm 3. It starts to load (language is in german) then shuts down and restarts. I only get a few seconds when any inputs are possible before the reboot starts, if I change the language to English, as soon as it reboots it is back to German.
Anybody seen anything like this? Is it possible it just needs a software reload?
All help much appreciated.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have nothing on-topic, so pardon the trolling. But please tell me the meaning of your username. Is it what I think it is?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Durak
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you speak Russian? I used to work there, my wife is Russian, my kids speak it, so it made sense to learn, so yes.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:54 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Durak
Do you speak Russian? I used to work there, my wife is Russian, my kids speak it, so it made sense to learn, so yes.
Only tiny bit.

And I would never reveal its meaning to anyone around here. You won't hear the end of it. Trust me
Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Durak
Do you speak Russian?
She's lucky if she can say "Keel Moose" in English.
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I have nothing on-topic, so pardon the trolling. But please tell me the meaning of your username. Is it what I think it is?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
She's lucky if she can say "Keel Moose" in English.
It voz ze stoopeedest kartoon eh-ver and I never votched it. So yoar reference iz lost on me, starikashka.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

:-)

you really just need to speak any of the slavic languages to correctly guess the meaning...
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

It voz ze stoopeedest kartoon eh-ver and I never votched it. So yoar reference iz lost on me, starikashka.
First, it is the greatest cartoon of all time (outside of Cayenne ownership.) Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairy Tales, Commander McBragg, Sherman and Peabody. Ward was a genius. He pioneered the move to adult oriented cartoons.

Next, nice try on getting me to Google translate the slippery path that would translate that last word. Somehow my limited English language skills already know what the translation will be. ноге мехом
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
First, it is the greatest cartoon of all time (outside of Cayenne ownership.) Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairy Tales, Commander McBragg, Sherman and Peabody. Ward was a genius. He pioneered the move to adult oriented cartoons.

Next, nice try on getting me to Google translate the slippery path that would translate that last word. Somehow my limited English language skills already know what the translation will be. ноге мехом

OMG! Congratulations, your dream is about to come true, as I'm about to die. From laughing so hard. Goog translate doesn't disappoint and I will have that as my sig: Just Call Me Pops or Ноге Мехом.

P.S. Before you feel all proud 'n ****. It sounds more retarded than Gary the Retard, yet natural, coming from you
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

OMG! Congratulations, your dream is about to come true, as I'm about to die. From laughing so hard. Goog translate doesn't disappoint and I will have that as my sig: Just Call Me Pops or Ноге Мехом.

P.S. Before you feel all proud 'n ****. It sounds more retarded than Gary the Retard, yet natural, coming from you
I saw the **** part and figured mexom was just a modifier.

Quick Reply: PCM3 hard reset