Sponsored by:

Alarm going off by itself

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:31 AM
medent
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alarm going off by itself

My 2006 Cayenne S Titanium's alarm has just started going off by itself in my garage. It's just after midnight and I can't understand why this is happenning. The car is unlocked and the alarm shouldn't be going off. So I tried starting it up and then turning the car off. After a minute the alarm went off again. For about 30 seconds and then stopped for about a minute. Then on again. So I tried locking the car. Same thing happened.
I tried to disable the interior compartment and the inclination sensors but that didn't help.
Any suggestions?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:09 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the alarm auto sets, if windows are open, big bugs can set it off
Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May want to check the car battery, strange things happen when it goes bad. Just a guess.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible the computer controlling it is malfunctioning?

I think Km1.8t has the correct path though.
Isn't one of the alarm functions set off if the battery is disconnected?
Wouldn't this create the "loss of electrical input from the battery" signal to set off the alarm?

Good luck!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Can't speak for a P!G - but SWMBO's BMW 5-wagon does the same thing when the battery gets partly discharged. And even disconnecting the battery won't stop it - the alarm has it's own hidden battery on that car.

I'd suggest hooking a trickle charger up to it and see if that puts it to rest - if it does, time to use it more to get the battery up to snuff, or time for a new battery.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:47 PM
medent
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all of the advice. That's what I was thinking as well. I'll have my battery checked out to see if it is time for a change. After all, it's now 5 years old.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:31 AM
Ryan Bipat
6th Gear

Default Alarm keeps going off after locking 09 cayenne s

Originally Posted by medent
My 2006 Cayenne S Titanium's alarm has just started going off by itself in my garage. It's just after midnight and I can't understand why this is happenning. The car is unlocked and the alarm shouldn't be going off. So I tried starting it up and then turning the car off. After a minute the alarm went off again. For about 30 seconds and then stopped for about a minute. Then on again. So I tried locking the car. Same thing happened.
I tried to disable the interior compartment and the inclination sensors but that didn't help.
Any suggestions?
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I have an 09 cayenne s with the same problem, alarm goes off everytime I press the lock button. I tried pressing the interior alarm button and also the button by the driver seat but no luck. I saw a video about fuse #34 on the driver side dash but that was all good. I've read other treads and some people mention it could be a battery issue? 2009 cayenne S with 131000 miles. Please help
Old 07-25-2020, 02:37 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Bipat
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I have an 09 cayenne s with the same problem, alarm goes off everytime I press the lock button. I tried pressing the interior alarm button and also the button by the driver seat but no luck. I saw a video about fuse #34 on the driver side dash but that was all good. I've read other treads and some people mention it could be a battery issue? 2009 cayenne S with 131000 miles. Please help
I has a similar issue on my 2008 Turbo in 2012. The issue in my case was the electronic button assembly under the rear wiper to open the rear window. The car was in a very hot environment for 4 years (Sicily, Italy) and the inner isolation melted and the rain water was making a shortcut. For whatever reason it was triggering the alarm mostly at nights. Button assembly changed and no issue since.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:21 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Micro switches in the Door lock actuators are also very prone to failing.

If you can get access to VDCS or PIWIS (not sure about Durametric) the alarm module stores the reason for the last activation.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:36 AM
Ryan Bipat
6th Gear

Originally Posted by FelisMalicious
I has a similar issue on my 2008 Turbo in 2012. The issue in my case was the electronic button assembly under the rear wiper to open the rear window. The car was in a very hot environment for 4 years (Sicily, Italy) and the inner isolation melted and the rain water was making a shortcut. For whatever reason it was triggering the alarm mostly at nights. Button assembly changed and no issue since.
hmm that's interesting because when I have it parked up in the yard,, the only way to keep the alarm from going off is to pop open the rear window and the car wouldn't lock itself.. if it was the button then wouldn't a sensor pop up on the dash saying its showing open when actually closed? Did your dash show it being open when it was malfunctioning?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:43 AM
Ryan Bipat
6th Gear

Default Stringbag

So I did some troubleshooting with checking the doors so see if the red and white lights would stay on when closing each door and indeed they did. A friend scanned my car with his snap on reader and alarm codes 1135-04, 1134-00, 1134-04 and 1134-14 came up along with one kessy code... strangley, my fog light warming comes and goes so im thinking maybe I should start with getting the battery tested?
Old 07-31-2020, 02:43 PM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Same issue. Just had my rear control module replaced. 790 bucks. There is a Porsche TSB on it I guess. Would lock and alarm would fire off. What sucks is the indy shop can't seem to program the rear hatch soft close back. They tried for two days so I give them credit. Don't want to spend he extra 200 bucks to take into a dealer for programming.

Does anyone know if it ruins your towing interface?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:00 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

So I did some troubleshooting with checking the doors so see if the red and white lights would stay on when closing each door and indeed they did. A friend scanned my car with his snap on reader and alarm codes 1135-04, 1134-00, 1134-04 and 1134-14 came up along with one kessy code... strangley, my fog light warming comes and goes so im thinking maybe I should start with getting the battery tested?
Getting it tested won’t do any harm.
You need more info or you’ll just throw money at parts that may be fine.
Alarm module last activations.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:09 AM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Stringbag
Getting it tested won’t do any harm.
You need more info or you’ll just throw money at parts that may be fine.
Alarm module last activations.
I would agree. Took mine to an Indy shop. Lost my soft close, they can't communicate with the module, on the rear door and had to take it back as it started again. Right now, it just beeps upon locking. Same behavior as before but it beeps instead of the alarm going off. So dropped it off again.

Having second thoughts on not taking it straight to the dealer and just getting it done.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Ryan Bipat
6th Gear

Originally Posted by barrios35
I would agree. Took mine to an Indy shop. Lost my soft close, they can't communicate with the module, on the rear door and had to take it back as it started again. Right now, it just beeps upon locking. Same behavior as before but it beeps instead of the alarm going off. So dropped it off again.

Having second thoughts on not taking it straight to the dealer and just getting it done.
thanks for the reply's I've been a little busy with work but I did test the batttey at advance auto and they said it's all good, its an interstate battery which is still under warranty. Was changed back in 2016. So I decided to install back the battery and all of a sudden the alarm was working fine for about 2 days when it started going off on its own again but this time randomly at night. When I tried arming and disarming, its back to the same old behavior of going off soon as I lock it...it really seems like a short somewhere..

Quick Reply: Alarm going off by itself