Sponsored by:

Anyone Have a Cargo Partition Net?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 05:26 PM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
If you just get a bigger dog they won't be able to fit over the seats.

At least that's how it works with my GSD.
Two Aussies, one is 1.5 and one is 7 months. Older one can't get by by the young one will try. I really want it so they stop slobbering on the top of the seats and leather lol.

My question is do these work and prevent anything out is it more show
Old 03-26-2017, 12:17 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

I can tell you they work great. My Golden Retrievers have all been tall and about 80 lbs and the net keeps them from sticking their heads over the seats and slobbering everywhere. Now, on the other hand, it certainly doesn't prevent them from slobbering on the side speakers and leaving nose prints on the side windows!

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-26-2017, 12:29 PM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by TomF
I can tell you they work great. My Golden Retrievers have all been tall and about 80 lbs and the net keeps them from sticking their heads over the seats and slobbering everywhere. Now, on the other hand, it certainly doesn't prevent them from slobbering on the side speakers and leaving nose prints on the side windows!

Cheers,
TomF
Perfect is the p/n above in the original post still the same?
Old 03-26-2017, 08:03 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by francars
Oh really? good to know... I guess I am keeping both...

Thanks !
Yep, you can have both. They are a bit of pain to figure out at first, but once you get the hang of installing/ using them, you will find that they are actually really nice engineering.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-26-2017, 08:04 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vtgt
Perfect is the p/n above in the original post still the same?
I believe so. I can check when I have a moment to climb into my garage attic.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-28-2017, 04:05 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

The Cargo Net looks great but we would not trust it when we would really need it to function - in an accident. We went with a secure tailgate roll bar that has metal mesh above the seats. Like others, our large dog prefers the rear seat but for her safety and ours gets to stay in the tailgate. For pictures of what we did see the 'Meet Otis' linked post. Granted we had other reasons for going the hard mount route such as needing to secure gear while going off road. Would have done this anyway to retain items in the tailgate coming forward.

--------------------------------
Rennlist 'Meet Otis' post. Much more to post as time permits.
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...meet-otis.html
Old 03-29-2017, 01:20 AM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by RS-America
The Cargo Net looks great but we would not trust it when we would really need it to function - in an accident. We went with a secure tailgate roll bar that has metal mesh above the seats. Like others, our large dog prefers the rear seat but for her safety and ours gets to stay in the tailgate. For pictures of what we did see the 'Meet Otis' linked post. Granted we had other reasons for going the hard mount route such as needing to secure gear while going off road. Would have done this anyway to retain items in the tailgate coming forward.

Nice and thank you! I throughly enjoyed the article when I read the poet version awhile ago. My dream was to always buy the 957 transsyberia but could not find one in the right spec so I went with the GTS as a compromise and I do not regret. I did think about revisiting my choice and possibly doing the the same with the 958 diesel, just really wish the 4.2 v8. Diesel S came over here but no luck, def no dice on that in the future

Was really going the sq7 might come over as I could use a little more diesel and like the powerplant but probably not out of warranty
Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by vtgt
Nice and thank you! I throughly enjoyed the article when I read the poet version awhile ago. My dream was to always buy the 957 transsyberia but could not find one in the right spec so I went with the GTS as a compromise and I do not regret. I did think about revisiting my choice and possibly doing the the same with the 958 diesel, just really wish the 4.2 v8. Diesel S came over here but no luck, def no dice on that in the future Was really going the sq7 might come over as I could use a little more diesel and like the powerplant but probably not out of warranty
vtgt, Glad you enjoyed the article -
our only intent to posting is to hopefully let others see that Cayenne's are very capable of coloring outside those yellow and white lines.
For what we do, low end torque, range, and ground clearance is what we need and what our diesel delivers. From the 'Meet Otis' links you can see that we do not carry extra fuel - water is our limiting factor. Even on our 5,500 mile trek north of the Arctic Circle we did not have to carry extra fuel. Our rear tire rack also holds two 5 gallon Scepter containers and we have two four gallon containers inside. Only complaint is that ULSD fuel limits our travels to North America.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have a Cargo Partition Net?