Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S stuck in Houston port!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM
langkane
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne S stuck in Houston port!

anyones CS stuck at the port in Houston?!?!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
tvjayhawk
4th Gear

yes. arrived 3/25. awaiting the new part. heard it could take up to 3 weeks. have you heard anything?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
langkane
7th Gear

No! Heard that parts are already in country?! Do you know exactly what the "upgrade" is?! I'm so tired of waiting. Knowing that I could be driving my new CS instead of my weak ML350 V6 upsets me!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
tvjayhawk
4th Gear

Not getting much information from my dealer, so I'm not certain, but I ascertained from a different thread that it was a recalled DME part...something to do with the computer. The part came from Japan and yes, the part(s?) is in the US. Some have started shipping to dealers from other ports but I haven't heard anything about any leaving Houston...so tired of waiting myself...was told 60-90 days at the first of November, never thought it would take 5+ months!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Mine arrived in San Diego port 3/25 and is still there awaiting the new DME computer. I've also been told parts are in country but can't get an answer on how much longer it will be before I actually get my car.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
langkane
7th Gear

Anyone heard any news? Haven't heard a peep out of my dealer!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Contacted my dealer a couple of days ago. They now have 5 sold vehicles hung up in San Diego. No change in status. Salesman says he "hopes" to see mine this week but I have no idea what he's basing that on. Probably just trying to keep me off his back.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
langkane
7th Gear

Is it a crime that we are anxious to get our new toys?!?!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by langkane
Is it a crime that we are anxious to get our new toys?!?!
Not a crime at all! FYI, I just called PCNA directly. The person I spoke with had no new information and suggested that my dealer was the best source for status updates. Big surprise.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
langkane
7th Gear

I mean really?! How long does it take replace a chip or update software? I mean I know there are probably hundreds to render but it seems to me they are in no hurry to get them rolling to the showroom or for the fact of the matter my garage. Haha
Old 04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys (or really agents for you guys) are dealing with longshoremen. If you don't have a good relationship with them, you just sit back and wait your turn, when they feel like it.

I'd hate to be the tech that has to go to the port, not know anybody, and try to find my container if they let me. Then he has to do the switch in the yard. How he can hook up to PIWIS in the yard is another problem.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
You guys (or really agents for you guys) are dealing with longshoremen. If you don't have a good relationship with them, you just sit back and wait your turn, when they feel like it.

I'd hate to be the tech that has to go to the port, not know anybody, and try to find my container if they let me. Then he has to do the switch in the yard. How he can hook up to PIWIS in the yard is another problem.
I seriously doubt the longshoremen have anything to do with the delay. My bet would be on Porsche's ability to get the (extra/new/upgraded) parts and then designating them to each specific vehicle.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
langkane
7th Gear

Well I just now my Pretty little CS has been gathering dust for the past 3 weeks. Poor thing. It's probably terrified!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Here's the latest info from my salesperson:

I just got some clarification on the DME installation. First, the DME units are NOT Japanese. There are just over 500 Cayennes affected in the country. Phase one was for cars already in customer's hands, and has been completed. Phase two are ordered cars sitting at dealers, and are in process now. Phase 3 are cars at port that are sold (your Cayenne) but not yet at dealer; Phase 4 are stock orders. As you can see, I have no idea where they are at right now. I just want to clear up the Japan connection, as it is not applicable.

Apparently my dealership now has 8 vehicles that are affected by this action (up from 5 earlier in the week). One of their cars is an unsold CT which, due to the low priority of stock orders, they may not see until mid-May. Things seem to be progressing, slowly.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a hard time understanding why they would wait to deliver the cars to the dealers until after the replacement. I would think they could use this downtime to get them there that way when the replacement DME's arrive they won't have the additional delay of transport before the customer gets their car.

Quick Reply: Cayenne S stuck in Houston port!