Sponsored by:

30k service or oil change???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 30k service or oil change???

Did a search but didn't find out exactly what is done at this service. My car is a 2005 Turbo with just under 28k miles. Has anyone had this done to an 04-06 Turbo recently? I'm wondering if I should just spring for an oil change or get a full service. I thought I'd check here before calling the stealer. Also, I saw the diy for replacing the inside cabin filter and I will be ordering that from Suncoast right after I type this!

TIA!

Last edited by red911c2; 02-15-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

To my knowledge, there is no 30k service. If it's time to change the oil, do it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
MaintenanceSchedule2.pdf (83.9 KB, 137 views)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 AM
mmmbeer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you had your minor service done at about 20k. 2 years after this (at the latest!) you should have the major service done even if the 40k miles are not reached. So sayeth the factory maintenance schedule. This makes sense because many service items are not only distance related, but time related as well.

I know this is often not done because many owners go by miles only, but any warranty you have might require this to be done according to factory specs.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys. Guess I'll just go for the oil change for now. Another question, if the coils are bad (mine are original) will it throw a fault on the diagnostic equipment they use or do they need to physically inspect them?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 AM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by red911c2
Thanks guys. Guess I'll just go for the oil change for now. Another question, if the coils are bad (mine are original) will it throw a fault on the diagnostic equipment they use or do they need to physically inspect them?
Good luck. I've found with multiple dealers that they will not inspect a coil for cracks UNLESS there is a "!". That's obviously BS since owning 2 P!GS neither has ever thrown a "!" for bad coils. My recommendation is to use some simple tools, pull one drivers side coil and take a picture. Then PCNA will let the dealer "check" and replace the coils. Pretty ridiculous really.

My P!g runs like **** again (obviously a coil) and I cannot get the dealers to check them (although they did randomly replace a purge valve which didn't help) so I'm waiting for some free time to do the whole "pull a coil take a picture shenanigans" all over again.

Gotta love p!g ownership.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:24 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wirunner
Good luck. I've found with multiple dealers that they will not inspect a coil for cracks UNLESS there is a "!". That's obviously BS since owning 2 P!GS neither has ever thrown a "!" for bad coils. My recommendation is to use some simple tools, pull one drivers side coil and take a picture. Then PCNA will let the dealer "check" and replace the coils. Pretty ridiculous really.

My P!g runs like **** again (obviously a coil) and I cannot get the dealers to check them (although they did randomly replace a purge valve which didn't help) so I'm waiting for some free time to do the whole "pull a coil take a picture shenanigans" all over again.

Gotta love p!g ownership.
Wow, so there are no fault codes in the computer if a coil is bad?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I never got any code and all mine were bad. Dealer said they were fine while the car was under warranty. They didn't physically check, after complaining again about the vibration they finally replaced 1 coil. Which did nothing really.
I took it to an independent and they all were bad.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
wirunner
Pro

Nope...now if one waits long enough that it gets really bad and you start misfiring, then sure.

Quick Reply: 30k service or oil change???