Sponsored by:

iPod and Bluetooth Options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy-Rider

One tip I have read is - once you get the mObridge working well, it might be best not to upgrade the BIOS .......I have read some posts of folks who wanted to update to the latest versions (just because it seems like the thing to do) the tip was don't .............
What does the latest BIOS update do?

It's not that big of a deal, but it doesn't seem that I can have the phone in the specdock AND stream A2DP as the same time. I can do it if it's not in the specdock, so again, no big deal, but just curious if the latest BIOS upgrade changes that behavior so that you can stream A2DP while the phone is charging in the specdock?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy-Rider
Hi Inferno,

Glad you got it installed....how did you like pulling the heat/air controller? and cutting the hole in the back of the assy......not for the faint of heart.......

and yes, I think the mObridge handsfree has really great quatlity.....like you said folks don't even know you are on a hands free phone.......

Enjoy - your new tunes and hands free....

One tip I have read is - once you get the mObridge working well, it might be best not to upgrade the BIOS .......I have read some posts of folks who wanted to update to the latest versions (just because it seems like the thing to do) the tip was don't .............

Enjoy,,,

Easy-Rider
ZOOM
+1
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Easy-Rider
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Spec Dock.....

I found the same issue when docked but I don't really have the need to stream A2DP. Last BIOS I checked on was a few months ago and I did not see any major advantage in the upgrade......so "if it isn't broke don't fix it" was my matra.....

ZOOM......
Old 02-22-2011, 10:56 PM
lnferno
Advanced

One of the main reasons I went the mObridge route is really actually kind of silly. Besides the obvious value in being able to leverage bluetooth and iPod controls, I'm one of the people that suffer from the PCM radio station gremlin. There's just one station this happens to and it happens to be my favorite radio station, but when I tune into my favorite station, within a few seconds, the radio will automatically switch it to this other religious station. FREAKING ANNOYING!!! So, my solution was installing the Tune In radio streaming app for the iPhone and now with A2DP, I can stream that station.

Pretty long, roundabout way of solving the radio gremlin problem, but it worked
Old 02-27-2011, 12:08 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Originally Posted by lnferno

It's not that big of a deal, but it doesn't seem that I can have the phone in the specdock AND stream A2DP as the same time. I can do it if it's not in the specdock, so again, no big deal, but just curious if the latest BIOS upgrade changes that behavior so that you can stream A2DP while the phone is charging in the specdock?
Disregard my comment above. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong previously, but I can stream A2DP while having the phone in the specdock.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 PM
joes95rx7
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made the purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed that I bought the right one for a 2007 with 2.1 PCM

MoBridge ABT2010-PSH-F
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 PM
lnferno
Advanced

You made the right choice. It feels "complete" with m0bridge installed. I will admit though that it took about a week to get the hang of how it operates, but once you get familiar with it, you will wonder how you did without it.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, there have been many occasions where your help would have been valuable in the past I am sure there will be a lot in the future.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Pavesi
Intermediate

I have a Denison 500 gateway in mine. i added the bluetooth module the other day but i need to disconnect my factory phone to get it to work. Anyone know how to do this. Do i need some sort of loop bypass thingy
Old 05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
mellowyellow-atlanta
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pavesi
I have a Denison 500 gateway in mine. i added the bluetooth module the other day but i need to disconnect my factory phone to get it to work. Anyone know how to do this. Do i need some sort of loop bypass thingy
I thought you could just have the dealer delete the factory phone using PIWIS?

PS - once you get your BTA1500 working, you'll want to run firmware 2.19 (not the latest) and install the volume patch available on Dension's site. It allows you to control the speaker volume and MIC volume separately, and fixes problems for the 2nd call after powerup with the BTA. At least this was a MUST with our iPhones.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Pavesi
Intermediate

Not a fan of any dealer so that will be a very last option. I have found a bypass loop on the net I will buy and see how that goes.

thanks for the update info, I have an Iphone as well
Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I found the best Morbridge prices on Amazon. I had the dealer installed Ipod plug so I just went with the Mobridge BT. Sounds like the Mobridg Ipod part works about the same as the dealer/oem installed Ipod player plug (Caveat is I've only tried it with my I-phone, it won't charge my I-phone and selections are slow to catch up). I installed my Mobridge in the CD player spot in the rear, it was a pain but since I was not going to be using the CD player why not. The microphone supplied had just enough cord to make it from the overhead sunroof panel, under the liner and to the rear right pillar, about 3~4" extra at the most.

Quick Reply: iPod and Bluetooth Options?