Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My thread about my bypass pipes got deleted WTF!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011 | 06:44 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
You forgot to sign the above with:

- BTO

That would be "By your command."
Old 02-11-2011 | 07:04 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Start a thread called "P!g Pen Classics".
Post links to the aforementioned classics and perhaps a wandering Moderator will "sticky" the thread to the top of the forum.

Great idea. I will have to work on gathering some of my all-time favorites from the last 5 years with the P!G Pen.
Old 02-11-2011 | 07:19 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Start a thread called "P!g Pen Classics".
Post links to the aforementioned classics and perhaps a wandering Moderator will "sticky" the thread to the top of the forum.
Great idea, someone please do it.

(Of course the post was not at all sarcastic, which confirms PCNA must have, in fact, loaded his body into a 2007 CTTS hybrid diesel mobster mobile and left mild-mannered PCNA employee "ITC" in his place... ITC = I Trust Cayenne!)

I'd edit that out if I were you. Incontinence is against forum rules.
True that. Incompetence maybe, but never incontinence.

Paying respects to ITC's earlier boxers-in-a-knot comment, I should have said, "I peed my boxster..."

Originally Posted by Andy E.
No. We'd rather hear about why your soon-to-be-dead snowman is harboring a Honda fugitive.

Originally Posted by Divot
Wait a second. We're not listening to you anymore!

The subject has a bow from a Christmas present where the medals belong, and Bill Murray is standing to his right side.
Another laugh out-loud... Seriously, who is this a zero-star/one-bow Egyptian General Intern? Next to the other dudes with all their Webelo's badges, he's probably incontinent too! Obviously peeing his own Boxster below the frame...

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Mr. Moderator...
"...tear down this thread!"

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
...with the possible exception of LTC whom I suspect is actually a Cylon. That might explain his distaste for LEDs

The laughs to posts ratio on this thread are off the chart!

Best thread of 2011!
Old 02-11-2011 | 07:26 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seankrider

Best thread of 2011!
You obviously haven't read about a nude photo shoot that occurred in a place of business that belongs to one of the RListers.
Old 02-11-2011 | 07:40 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seankrider
....Best thread of 2011!
You obviously haven't read about a nude photo shoot that occurred in a place of business that belongs to one of the RListers.
True dat... one for the *****
Old 02-11-2011 | 08:25 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Originally Posted by ltc
Member since September 2010 with 28 posts....please come tell me about "level playing field" when your post count exceeds the number of Cayenne TSB's

Hugs & Kisses,

Larry
If I had a quarter for every time I've seen that type of response played out on the forums, I'd be able to personally pay for all of your TSBs, too.

WTF does post count have anything to do with having a mod delete a post and not having the decency or common courtesy to at least let someone know why?

"Because I said so?"

Is this where you start pounding your chest because a member challenged a mod?
Old 02-11-2011 | 08:36 PM
Pavesi
Intermediate

Who cares as long as it does not end up like the BM forum I have been a member of the last few years. If you speak out of turn or have a differnent opinion to others ( in power) the thread gets deleted or locked
Old 02-11-2011 | 08:45 PM
joes95rx7
Advanced

Originally Posted by lnferno
If I had a quarter for every time I've seen that type of response played out on the forums, I'd be able to personally pay for all of your TSBs, too.

WTF does post count have anything to do with having a mod delete a post and not having the decency or common courtesy to at least let someone know why?

"Because I said so?"

Is this where you start pounding your chest because a member challenged a mod?
Agreed...
Old 02-11-2011 | 08:49 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pavesi
Who cares as long as it does not end up like the BM forum I have been a member of the last few years. If you speak out of turn or have a differnent opinion to others ( in power) the thread gets deleted or locked
Thank you -- that's exactly my point. Not sure why ltc took offense to my "level playing field" comment.

Because I'm a mod on another site, I'm hypersensitive to the fact that members may think that mods/admins have this special higher power and that their opinions carry more weight. As I mentioned, on the site that I'm a mod on, I go to great lengths to ensure that all members get treated fairly regardless of member status (regular member vs mod/admin), post count and so forth as that stuff doesn't mean that one's opinion should carry more/less weight.

ltc - I can only assume that you read something more into my post that was there, unless you are not in favor of a level playing field? This may simply be a case of misunderstanding each other's perspective. Please let me know what you think I meant by that comment because my only intent from that comment was to promote communication from the mods and admins, particularly in this situation because as it stands right now, I think most of us are left wondering why the mod/admin deleted the post.

This is my opinion and you are certainly free to disagree, but as a mod, if I decide to delete a post for whatever reason, I would send a PM to the OP to at least let them know why. Otherwise, as a member, wouldn't you feel left a bit puzzled and maybe even frustrated that something they took a decent amount of effort into posting for the benefit of the other members got deleted?
Old 02-11-2011 | 09:04 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

^^^^

MAJOR overreaction there. I think you read LTC incorrectly and it's time to loosen the boxsters
Old 02-11-2011 | 09:13 PM
lnferno
Advanced

^^^^

MAJOR overreaction there. I think you read LTC incorrectly and it's time to loosen the boxsters
You don't have a post count or join date that rivals ltc's, so hush your lips.

See, I'm a quick study.
Old 02-11-2011 | 09:23 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

^^^^

Thread Killer!

This is just starting to get good. Mudman is trapped in the attic with Anne Frank, Mr. McMurphy is at the helm of The Titanic, LTC/ITC has more vowel confusion than Katy Perry on Sesame Street, and now you ask for restraint?

If you don't shut up I'll personally... I'll... I'll, well I'll do something.
Old 02-11-2011 | 09:40 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I have not received any PM from the author, so i deduce from that that my suspicions were indeed correct that this was advertising

(aren't you surprised by my restraint )

!
Old 02-11-2011 | 09:48 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Originally Posted by ltc
Member since September 2010 with 28 posts....please come tell me about "level playing field" when your post count exceeds the number of Cayenne TSB's

Hugs & Kisses,

Larry
Old 02-11-2011 | 09:50 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I will happily ignore reviews by MEMBERS of the forum. However someone who seems to be proud to spout off as a non member on every board he can find AND i a bacon lover is toast

Quick Reply: My thread about my bypass pipes got deleted WTF!?