Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My thread about my bypass pipes got deleted WTF!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Why should the site rename nameless? Here's the link to the thread, I don't see anything wrong with discussing here why it got removed:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...es-review.html
Another great thread - the fun never ends in the P!g pen.

Great link - I've been on the fence for bypass pipes too bc fabspeed/sharkwerks are too expensive. This is the American way...bring on the competition!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually, the original thread was deleted due to spelling errors and poor grammar ... but don't tell anyone

I am sure Sir Mudman2 will address what is quickly becoming the # 1 issue here in the P!g Pen ...
Old 02-11-2011, 01:11 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could tag my favorite threads...this would be #2 following who killed droptop.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:30 PM
quattrotman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lnferno
I didn't suggest that the OP or Mod post private PMs. What I'm suggesting is that if a mod deletes a post, that the mod provide a proper reply to the OPs question in this thread. If the mod didn't proactively send a PM to the OP after the thread was deleted, I don't think that the OPs request is unreasonable. Again, being a mod on another site, I don't like taking that type of action without sending a message to the OP fully explaining why a thread was deleted. I guess you can take the stance that it is the mods/admins right to do so and they don't have to offer up any explanation, but I don't think that approach will be well received as evidenced by this thread.

If this is essentially the same thread that the OP posted on another site which will remain nameless, I didn't see anything wrong with the content at all. Now, if the mods disagree and they obviously have the final say, I would appreciate knowing why the OPs thread was deleted as well so I and others will have a better understanding of what content is or is not allowed.

I greatly appreciate the types of reviews such as the one the OP made (that got deleted) -- it provides a wealth of information, real-life experiences, and non-sponsored/unbiased feedback.

With all of that said, I know there are always three sides to every story. Side A, Side B, and then the truth. To the OP and/or Mod that deleted the thread, if there's any pertinent details that we aren't aware of, then that may be a different story.

My big thing is fairness on these types of boards. The nice thing about public boards like this is that is promotes accountability across the board. That accountability goes for everyone (registered users, mods, and sponsors).
Thank you...and very well said. I'm really not trying to make a big deal of this but I'm a bit confused. I'm not a rookie to forums...before this I owned an audi and was on audizine all the time (they seemed to be a bit more relaxed with their rules over there). Anyways, you're right, there are always 2 sides and I want to be honest here. I did reply to my own thread and thereby bump it to the top but usually that is permitted twice. I've never been scolded for doing that once. Other than that, I don't think I've done anything wrong other than give props to another company who makes a good product at a good price.
After all, this is America dammit and I'll say what I wanna say! . Even though I'm Canadian...haha.
Thanks for the support!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:31 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously best thread of the month. I don't know which is funnier - LTC trying to be serious, or everyone else trying to be LTC!

MOD: can you make this a stickie at the top, instead of the coils and coolant pipes threads?!?

(Larry - I think I actually peed my boxers a little on the Rome reference...)
Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by quattrotman
After all, this is America dammit and I'll say what I wanna say! . Even though I'm Canadian...haha.
Classic!

All that was missing was, "...visiting Egypt right now!"
Old 02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

...Koosered

Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wirunner
Wish I could tag my favorite threads...this would be #2 following who killed droptop.
Start a thread called "P!g Pen Classics".
Post links to the aforementioned classics and perhaps a wandering Moderator will "sticky" the thread to the top of the forum.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by seankrider
Seriously best thread of the month. I don't know which is funnier - LTC trying to be serious, or everyone else trying to be LTC!
It would be easier to climb Mount Everest in a thong and plant Kooser's severed appendages at the summit than try to be like itc...

But, please, by all means, have at it
Old 02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seankrider

(Larry - I think I actually peed my boxers a little on the Rome reference...)
I'd edit that out if I were you. Incontinence is against forum rules.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick, someone cut off Mudman's internet access.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I'd edit that out if I were you. Incontinence is against forum rules.
I understand NASA has some long distance driving shorts that make incontinence a non-issue
Old 02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
quattrotman
Advanced

I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long. So you guys wanna hear about the tires I just bought
Old 02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by quattrotman
So you guys wanna hear about the tires I just bought
No. We'd rather hear about why your soon-to-be-dead snowman is harboring a Honda fugitive.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Originally Posted by ltc
Excellent post, eloquent and to the point.
Please allow me to reply on behalf of Larry, who can't be here with us today:

Rome didn't build an empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them

P.S. Please don't use the terms "democracy, first amendment or freedom of speech" in any subsequent replies ...
Don't worry, we don't have any intention of going "Egyptian" on everyone's asses here -- just a level playing field

Quick Reply: My thread about my bypass pipes got deleted WTF!?