Default Cayenne price increase

noted on the configurator that price of Cayenne S has gone up $700
anybody have an info?

looks like all models have gone up
Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

No info other than to note that rear side airbags are now standard, something that was announced about a month ago. I wondered if that would affect the bottom line eventually, and looks like it accounts for about half of the increase. The remainder is the typical mid year price bump unless there's some other content change that's not obvious.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:05 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow just configured my v6 build and the price is now $1000 higher than the MSRP when I placed my order november 1st
Old 01-15-2011, 05:31 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

The included rear side airbags obviously came at a price, but wonder what else? Does Porsche or any other manufacturer for that matter normally do price increases during the model year?
Old 01-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
The included rear side airbags obviously came at a price, but wonder what else? Does Porsche or any other manufacturer for that matter normally do price increases during the model year?
I know BMW does.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed my order in early December, and full payment is due February 22nd (one month before I pick it up in Leipzig) - I wonder if I will be paying the previous price or the new price...
Old 01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I know BMW does.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jsonorous
I placed my order in early December, and full payment is due February 22nd (one month before I pick it up in Leipzig) - I wonder if I will be paying the previous price or the new price...
Interesting thought. I'd assume it should be based on the final negotiated price with your dealer? It may also depend on your build date and whether the rear side airbags are considered standard. My Dec build should be at the dealership sometime within the next week, I'm hopeful the price will be based on the final agreed upon build sheet... We shall soon see!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:07 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Mine is due in late Feb. and The bottom line as I read the Porsche NA line is:

"Only the actual invoice issued by PCNA at the time this vehicle is purchased by the dealer may be used as an official indication of pricing"

It is my understanding that the dealer actually purchases the vehicle only after it has passed the PCNA inspection at the port in the US it has been unloaded at. The dealer owns the vehicle during the trucking to his/ her location.

Weak US dollar and foreign markets that are buying all Cayennes produced causes price increases.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Mine is due in late Feb. and The bottom line as I read the Porsche NA line is:

"Only the actual invoice issued by PCNA at the time this vehicle is purchased by the dealer may be used as an official indication of pricing"

It is my understanding that the dealer actually purchases the vehicle only after it has passed the PCNA inspection at the port in the US it has been unloaded at. The dealer owns the vehicle during the trucking to his/ her location.

Weak US dollar and foreign markets that are buying all Cayennes produced causes price increases.
Agree. The purchase agreement with my dealer does not guarantee the MSRP, only my discount from MSRP. At the time of sale the dealer has always said to me that pricing is subject to change, especially when there are several months between order and delivery.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

interesting. my agreement with the dealer was for a specific price, not a discount from MSRP.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

PAG hasn't been meeting VAG's numbers.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by mt-sfo
interesting. my agreement with the dealer was for a specific price, not a discount from MSRP.
We did agree on a bottom line price based on the discount. However, the contract also states the dealer can't guarantee that there will be no changes in final factory pricing and therefore my % discount is the only thing that I know is locked in. This is consistent with the disclaimer f4 plt posted above. It's surprising that your dealer would be willing to commit to a specific figure regardless of price changes and absent a copy of the invoice from PCNA.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

I pulled out the paper work and there's no disclaimer on the contract about the price changing, only that I'd loose my deposit if I did not complete the purchase. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens when I pick up my Cayenne in late feb.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Aperture776
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

My dealer assured me that since I locked in before the price increase my Cayenne would still have the old MSRP when it arrives.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

The differences between dealers is interesting. My pricing already included the rear airbags so the actual increase to my bottom line would only be $330. Still it would be nice not to have to pay that. Be curious to find out how this plays out for everyone here with pending orders and will check with my sales guy to see what he says about it.

Quick Reply: Cayenne price increase